you get in an accident - Paige Hyland

Paige had never ran so fast in her life. She had almost gone over the speed limit and ran a few red lights on her way to the hospital. The moment she had gotten a call from your brother telling her that you'd been hit by a drunk driver, she got straight into the car, not caring about what she was wearing, and drove as fast as she could to the hospital. The only thing on her mind was making sure you were okay.

As soon as she approached the front desk, panting from the sprint she had made from the parking lot, she instantly began hounding the receptionist with questions as to where you were. "My girlfriend was in an accident, do you know if she's okay? Or where she is? Please I need to see her." She practically begged in a panicked voice, tears were welling up in her eyes. The woman behind the desk urged her to calm down but Paige couldn't help but be jittery. "Paige." She heard her name being called by a familiar voice.

It was your brother, he was just as stressed as she was at the realisation that you had been seriously hurt. "Where is she? Is she okay?" She asked him desperately.               
"She's on a ventilator, she can't breathe by herself." He told her. Paige's heart broke right there and then. The thought of your life being in danger was the worst feeling in the world. She staggered over to the nearest bench in shock, holding her head in her hands and letting the tears escape. Your brother sat beside her attempting to comfort her but nothing could make her feel better in that moment. Nothing but knowing you were okay.

She waited there all night, not once leaving the waiting room. Your brother had offered to wait instead so Paige could get some well deserved rest but she refused. Even if she couldn't be in the room with you, she wouldn't even dream of leaving without knowing you were okay. Although she was tired, she was unable to fall asleep since she was so worried about you. She didn't know what she would do if she lost you, it would be like losing a part of her and she'd never be the same ever again.

It must have been around four in the morning when a doctor had approached her and your brother. "Are you Y/N's family?" He asked. Paige instantly got to her feet. "Yes, I'm her girlfriend." She said, her heart racing hoping that he would bring good news. "And I'm her brother." Your brother told the man. He smiled at the two of you. "Well I'm glad I'm able to bring good news. Y/N is stable. She's unconscious and still needs assistance with breathing but she's much better than she was before and you'll be pleased to know, there's no bleeds to the brain." Paige felt a rush of relief wash over her at his words. "Can we see her?" She asked. "Yes you can see her." He said leading her and your brother down the hall towards your room.

Once the doctor opened the door to where you were, Paige instantly felt tears in her eyes again. You were lay down on a bed, a drip in your arm and a bandage covering your head. A heart rate monitor was beeping steadily signaling that you were in fact alive. There was a large tube between your lips which was helping you to breathe and a cast on your leg. Although she's not awake, there's a possibility that she can still hear you." Paige sat down in the chair beside your bed horrified at the sight. It was like you weren't even there, covered by all of these machines.

"Y/N." She said softly, placing her hand on yours. "It's me baby, I'm here." Tears began to slip down her cheeks uncontrollably. "I love you so much my Princess, please don't leave me." She begged giving your hand a gentle squeeze. "There's still so many things that we have to do together. One day we'll get married and have a family. We'll grow old together. Just me and you forever Y/N. I can't do it on my own." She cried. Your brother was crying too, the thought of losing his sister was tearing him apart.

The next few days were like hell for Paige. Watching you lay there without moving or even opening your eyes was heartbreaking for her. She loved you more than she could put into words and losing you was her biggest fear. She hadn't been home in several days, your brother had gone and picked up a bag for her since she refused to leave you for even a second. Many people had come to visit, your parents had gotten here as soon as they could and had stayed with her and you since the moment they arrived. Kelly had stopped by too, she hated hearing Paige crying so hard over the phone and didn't want here daughter to lose someone who was perfect for her.

It was quite late at night, Paige was chatting to you about random things to take her mind off of the fact that you were lay there on a ventilator. She held your hand tightly although there was no grip back, your fingers laying limply against hers. Then she felt it, your fingers curled around her hand holding hers back. Paige's heart almost stopped. "Y/N?" She asked desperately. You squeezed her hand again a lot stronger this time and your eyes began to flicker open. Your vision was slightly blurry at first but you recognised the face that stared back at you. You couldn't talk because of the tube in your mouth but your eyes met with hers and that was enough. She called for the nurse as loudly as she could so that someone could check on you.

"I'm here my sweet girl, I'm not going anywhere." She said, not letting go of your hand. The nurses came into the room and checked you over. They made Paige stand outside momentarily but she watched through the window, without taking her eyes off of you. When she was allowed back into the room, she ran up to you and gave you a loving hug. "Princess, you scared me to death." She cried not wanting to ever let you go again. "Careful, I'm still a bit sore." You said weakly. Paige instantly let go not wanting to hurt you. "I'm sorry baby, I was just so scared that I'd lost you." She said sounding relieved.

"Have you been here the whole time?" You asked, noticing her messy hair and makeup free face. She nodded. "Of course, I'd never leave you, ever." She said. You smiled at her, feeling so in love in that moment. "I love you." You told her. "I love you too baby." She said placing a kiss on your lips, something she had missed so much. You looked into each others eyes for a moment, just enjoying being with each other before you spoke up. "Did you really mean it?" You asked her. Paige looked confused for a moment. "Mean what?" You bit your lip nervously. "That one day we'll get married and have kids and grow old together?"

Paige smiled, a blush covering her cheeks slightly. "You heard that?" You nodded at her question. "Of course I meant it. I'd love to marry you one day and have a family with you." She said, making you smile widely. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you Y/N. Forever." She gasped onto your hand tightly. "Me too." You barely managed to speak out as you closed your eyes. Paige leaned forward to place a kiss on your cheek. "I love you my Princess. Once you get out of here won't have to lift a finger, I'll take care of you." She promised, eternally grateful for those that saved your life so you could continue living it by her side. Something she was looking forward to doing.