6

"what's all this?"

The poor girl had finished her tasks at the library a little sooner than expected, and had walked out to find Sunoo holding the whole vending machine. More specifically, it's content.

"Chill, I used my card for the other snacks. I didn't break your bank account." Sunoo said, handing the girl back a card. "Not today, atleast."

Leilani gladly retrieved her card and gestured to the boys snacks. "Why the stash? This would all be way cheaper if you bought it from the convenience store."

"I like to live life on the edge. Also, if I waited to go to the store, I'd stay stash-less for around 20 minutes more. We can't have that, can we?"

The boy shook his head solemnly and stuffed his food into Leilani's bag, without even asking her. Leilani herself hadn't eaten all day, courtesy of forgetting her lunch and not wanting to spend money on the schools poor fine dining experience.

After finishing his battle with the small bag and larger variety of snacks, the two started to walk towards the bus stop.

Today, the bus decided that it wouldn't have poor time management skills and came on time, to the duo's delight.

It was surprisingly packed on the vehicle, Leilani and Sunoo ended up sitting in a row with three seats, one which had already been occupied by another.

Warm and comforting air blew through the AC, warming up the friends from the freezing winter air outside. Sunoos eyes started to droop, hardy putting up a fight to stay open. His head lulled towards the man who was sitting on his right, ending up resting on his shoulder.

This did not make the man happy. He stretched his head outwards and looked at Leilani disappointedly, darting his eyes angrily at Sunoos sleeping figure.

"Let the boy sleep gosh, it's not a big deal you old fart" Leilani thought as the man lifted his hand in order to wake Sunoo up.

Interrupting the old man's actions, Leilani softly tilted Sunoos head so that it was now resting on her shoulder instead. The old man let out a satisfied grunt and went back to looking outside the window.

"I hope you step on your kids Lego tonight." Leilani mentally cursed the man as Sunoos soft breaths hit her neck. 15 more minutes of this and it'll all be over.

-

"Wow! This place is huge!" Sunoo commented enthusiastically as the two stood outside the city mall.

Leilani was the first to walk in, not wasting anytime in appreciating the architecture of the building. "Let's go to the Foodcourt first, ok?"

Sunoo followed the girl, having no particular plans in mind.

The two friends sat down a life time later, table scattered with assortments of hot fried chips, kebabs and drinks.

"So, How'd you and Hanbin become friends with such a huge age gap?" Leilani started up the conversation once they had settled and started eating.

"He had just moved to Korea and was lonely, and I had no friends, but was willing to talk to anyone. Tadaa! Now we're here." Sunoo chewed on a chip after explaining his story. "What about you, made any good friends here?"

Leilani picked up a kebab. chicken, her favourite. "Yeah, a girl named Liz. She's German and super cool."

Sunoo nod his head appreciatively and continued to eat. Over their meal, the friends talked about their lives and their friends.

-

"So." Sunoo clapped his hands once he had finished eating. "Wanna go stationary shopping now?"

Leilani wiped her hands on a napkin and shook her head. "I'll be going back to Australia and graduating soon, there's not really any point in buying stuff now that I won't use it."

How could Sunoo have forgotten? She was an exchange student. Going back to her home country was something that was most definately bound to happen.

"Good point. Let's walk around then?"

"Lets walk around."

And that's how the two ended up at a photobooth that was situated in an empty corner of the shops.

"Should we?"

"I don't know, it looks kind of sketchy. It'll probably steal all our money."

Leilani walked inside and sat down. "It looks legit." She peeked her head outside the curtains. "Come!"

Sunoo reluctantly entered and sat down in the cramped seat. There was no space between the two.

"Ok, the camera will go off in three..."

The two looked towards the camera.

"Two..."

The duo set up their appearances.

"One."

The camera clicked as the friends smiled.

"That was too awkward." Sunoo reviewed the photo. "We have two more chances, better make the most out of our money." He scooted towards Leilani and put his arm around her back.

"Three...Two...One." the camera clicked once again, only this time, Leilani and Sunoo looked more natural.

"One more, let's hug for this!" Leilani suggested, pulling the boy close to her.

"Why a hug...?" Regardless, Sunoo complied and hugged the girl back.

The camera flashed for the last time and the two ran out, eager to see the results of their photos.

"Look at your face here! Why do you look so scared" Leilani laughed as she pointed towards the first photo.

"And what about you? You look like you're not enjoying our hug, even though you suggested it." Sunoo shreiked when he saw the results.

"Shut up, I've seen people do it online!"

After laughing a little too hard, Sunoo and Leilani printed two copies and took them home

"I'll see you later?" Sunoo asked once they were ready to part ways.

"Later!" Leilani confirmed, waving the boy goodbye and going on her way.

Leilani sat in an almost empty classroom the next day, after forgetting her lunch for the umpteenth time. And to top it all off, she had no money thanks to the splurge she had indulged on the day earlier.

Deciding to study in order to pass time, the girl opened her bag so that she could take out her textbooks, pencil case and books.

To her suprise, the girl found her bag filled to the brim with snacks, the same ones that Sunoo had bought from the vending machine the day earlier.

"He must have forgotten to take them out. Oh? A note?"

Leilani picked up the note and unfurled it.

Your stomach grumbled too much today. Eat on time, health is wealth! Take care of yourself Lani.

-your mum

Liz chose that moment to find her sitting in the classroom and decided to join her. "Ooooh? so much food, where's that from?"

Leilani chuckled to herself as she felt her heart beat with gratitude. "I don't know, ask my mum."