16

Sun☀️💛
My feet were walking today
And then they came to your house
Can you open the door? I'm freezing.

Leilani stood up from her desk, ran to the mirror on her way out and fixed her appearance. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, fattening down her hair, putting on some lipbalm and done!

The girl ran down, eager to see her friend. Opening the door, her face fell. "Oh."

"Oh? Why oh?"

Sunoo stood there, drink less. He always bought her drinks or some sort of snack whenever they met. Always.

"You gold digger I knew it!" The boy exclaimed, bringing out a large cup of iced coffee from his back, making the girl squeal in excitement.

"Kim Sunoo, you are the best, I love you, I hope you never step on Lego, I hope you have enough calcium to have strong bones forever-"

"-ok. You're done." Sunoo interrupted, stopping the girls rant.

Leilani beckoned Sunoo to come in, holding the door open for him in the process.

"Free to hang?" He asked once they sat down on the couch.

"Can't, sorry. I haven't seen real sunlight in years." Leilani had been stuck inside, studying for her last exams.

At that moment, Hanbin made his way into the kitchen next to the living room and stopped in his tracks. "N-no way! Leliani never came out of her room, even when I bribed her with free food. Tell me, Sunoo, how do you do it?"

Sunoo chuckled and shook his head. "There's no method to it, you just have to be smarter, stronger, better."

Hanbin made a weird choking gurgling sound, which sounded like a werid form of laughter. "Or, you just have to like eachother."

Next thing he knew, the boy had not one, but two pillows flying at his head

"Cancel him!"

"Burn him alive!"

"Steal his kneecaps!"

Hanbin shook his head, disappointed and left, not wanting to hear anymore. He had done his job by teasing the 'friends'

Sunoo turned back to Leilani. "You really can't go out?"

Leilani shook her head apologetically. She couldn't afford any distractions. Funny enough, her distraction was sitting beside her.

"There should be a wonderful sunset today though. Still sure you come?"

The girl shook her head, her answer had been set. No distractions, studying only.

Sunoo sighed in defeat and slapped his thighs, like any dad would when they're ready to leave a certain place. "Ok then, more for me I guess."

"Whatever Kim, I know you have no friends other than me." Leilani rolled her eyes and walked the boy to the door.

Sunoo huffed playfully and smiled. His heart hurt, he knew that the girl was leaving soon, and he wanted to spend as much time as he could with her. But he couldn't. And he understood that.

Leilani had to work hard now. For herself and her own benefit. And so, he would have to let her go in more ways than one.

"I'll see you round Lani."

"See you Sun."

-

So so many hours later, Leilani's phone tinged with a message.

Sun☀️💛

It's pretty, but it would be prettier with you

I hope we can see many sunsets together in the future.

The girl almost cried. The fact that Sunoo had remmeber that she loved sunsets was totally touching. Especially when she was in a stressful time like this

'I hope we can see many sunsets together in the future.' she couldnt help but keep re-reading that message. Leilani wasn't dumb, and neither was Sunoo. They would most probably never see eachother again.

Deep inside, Leilani hated how Sunoo kept sayings this like that when in reality, there was no hope for them. The universe had not planned to let them be together.

Sun☀️💛
I love you no homo

                                                                Lani🐋💙
                   Sun, I don't think it works like that.
         But I love you too! Let's celebrate later                       

If only they could celebrate together, forever.