20

Sunoo lay in his bed, void of any emotion. He stared up at the blank ceiling. Everything was so dull.

Leilani had flown out already. Infact, he had gone to the airport and watched her plane fly out from a distance.

It was most possibly the worst thing he had ever done to himself.

Loud cheers could be heard from downstairs, the house was full again.

His family had come back the same time Leilani had left.

They had been very vocal on what they had seen.

"There was a really pretty foreign girl crying. She kept clutching her blue phonecase. I felt really bad for her." Sunoos sister had told him in the car ride back.

In his heart, Sunoo had just known that the girl they were talking about was his Lani. And that he was the cause of her pain.

As soon as he got home, he had made an excuse about a headache and told his family that he was going to sleep.

They didn't protest, because they would soon be following his footsteps to sleep.

And ofcourse, no one had asked him if he was ok. The sunny boy had acted as if everything were normal, as if his heart weren't being ripped apart in two.

Sunoo was greatful that his family didn't know. He was greatful that his family didn't know about the love he and just lost and the pain he was trying to bear.

Yet at the same time, he was devastated that no one could console him and hold him like he wanted. He had no one to share all this pain with.

Sunghoon
I can't meet up right now. But hang in there ok? We'll meet soon, I promise.
You're the strongest person I know for enduring this.

This is why. This is why I told myself not to fall in love. You have no one but yourself to blame for this.

A small yet silly and delusional part of Sunoo had truely believe that maybe, just maybe, he and Leilani would be endgame. That by some miracle, Leilani would be able to stay in Korea and they could date and be a normal couple.

Clearly not.

The boy leant over to his side and grabbed the large frame that was hidden beneath his bed.

The infamous portrait.

Looking closely, the boy noticed a detail he had missed before. The artist had drawn Sunoo and Leilani with a subtly pinkish tint.

They were blushing when they were looking at eachother.

I guess Sunoo and Leilani had eachothers hearts from the very beginning of the story. Too bad it couldn't stay that way.