12

The end of the day was something that was so beloved to Leilani. It meant that soon, she would be able to sleep. or relax. Leilani loved to sleep and relax.

Today, she had finished her physics exam, which by the way, she aced. However, due to her intense routine, Leilani didn't want to over exert her energy.

And that's how Leilani found herself standing at the cobblestone path late at night. The girl wore a thick hoodie with a jacket on top, aswell as woolen gloves and a beenie. The cold air made her cheeks red, but instead of feeling annoyed, Leilani felt so alive.

The wind had that type of effect on her.

Her wish, to celebrate the end of another exam, was like none other.

Leilani had asked Sunoo to accompany her on a late night drive.

A few moments later, an average black car pulled up, windows rolled down.

Sunoo hopped our of the car eagerly and ran to the passenger side. "Here you go, my lady." He bowed and opened the door for the girl, extending his hand so that Leilani could hold it.

"Thankyou, kind sir." Leilani chose to go with whatever weird roleplay was going on.

Once inside, the girl took off her jumper and gloves, seeing that the heater was being blasted generously.

Sunoo hopped in and started driving right away.

"I was thinking we could drive around the city. Have you had dinner yet?"

Leilani shook her head as she smiled at the boy. "Thankyou for doing this with me. I don't have my licence yet. Or a car."

Sunoo chuckled. It had taken a great deal of convincing to finally get his dad to allow him to borrow his car. Totally worth it, now that he got to see Leilani's reaction. Pleased.

Sunoo handed his passenger princess the aux cord. "Go on" he urged.

Leilani accepted, and started to play SZA.

Together, the two enjoyed the slow ride through the empty streets of the city, admiring the countless lights and watching the people outside.

"How was the exam?" Sunoo asked, attempting to start a conversation.

"It went well. Like really well, thanks to the organic chemistry teacher. On YouTube." The girls teacher was terrible. Leilani had to teach herself everything. She was doing what her teacher was being paid to do.

"Oh really? I have a friend who could have helped you out, he's actually from Australia too. Do you know him?"

Leilani laughed at the boy. "Australia's huge. So probably not."

Sunoo saw the validity in her argument and laughed too.

They drove towards the outskirts of the city, Sunoos hand resting on the little box thing that separated the two seats. Perhaps waiting for someone to hold his hand.

Leilani didn't get the hint.

"Lani, my hand is cramping!" The boy made a dramatic show, stretching his left hand and moaning in pain.

Startled, the girl grabbed his hand and started massaging it, stretching his fingers and cracking his knuckles. Because what else was she supposed to do?

"Is it better?" The girl asked, seeing that her friend had stopped yelling in pain.

"Not yet, just keep doing it please."

That she did.

And that's how Kim Sunoo first held Leilani Walters's hand.

-

Leilani sat with a hot paper bag filled with fast food in her lap. Sunoo was taking her up a huge mountain.

"Where are we going?" The girl asked as her stomach grumbled. She was desperate to eat.

"You'll see Lani, just be patient."

Sunoo ended up driving to a clearing around the top of the mountain/hill. From there, you could see Seoul in its entirety. The usually lively city looked so peaceful and quiet from their position.

"Put your jacket back on!" Sunoo said, grabbing the bag of food and opening his door. "It's cold outside."

Leilani followed the instructions she was given and exited the car. That's where she found Sunoo sitting in top of the car.

She didn't sign up for this.

"Sun, this is like a coming of age movie."

Sunoo smiled and helped Leilani up. "Thankyou! That's exactly what I was aiming for." The boy reached his hand into the bag and took out a burger, handing it to the girl beside him.

"Let's eat!"

Leilani accepted the food. "Let's eat."

-

"So, when will you go back?" Sunoo asked, once they had finished their meals.

Leilani paused. It seemed that everyone was eager on her returning to Australia.

"In two weeks time."

Sunoo nod his head, pain filling his chest.

No, Kim Sunoo had not fallen for the girl. He would not allow himself to.

So why did he feel this way?

"And then? That's all? We're done?"

Leilani turned to sunoo and placed her hand on his. "I don't know Sun." She answered truthfully. She didn't want that to be the end of them. "We'll have to see what happens, won't we?"

It was Sunoos fault that they had become friends. It was Sunoos fault that they had become so close.

"Won't your break end a week after that?"

Sunoo nod. Dreadful. That's all he felt, the boy was so greatful for his break that he felt like he didn't want to go back to his job. Being with Leilani made him feel like a teenager again. Being with Lani made him feel like he should feel, not stressed or worried all the time. Being with the girl made him feel happy

"Whatever happens, I'm glad we have spent this time together." Sunoo spoke. Deep down, he knew that he would never ever meet someone like Leilani ever again. He knew that no one would ever be able to complete him like she does ever again. You only get to meet that type of person once in your life.

Oh, it was such a shame that she would be leaving soon.

"I wish we had met earlier Kim." Leilani spoke

The delightful boy made her feel something she had never felt. Sunoo made her feel understood, happy, loved and appreciated. She had always yearned to find someone like him, a companion that would stay by her side forever.

We have so much potential. It's such a shame that we won't be able to grow and see the future together.

"Let's just enjoy the time we have now."