7

"How'd you get my number?" Sunoo asked, being awoken by his ringtone early in the morning.

"You left your phone on, so I added my contact to yours at the mall." Leilani spoke from the other side. "Were you asleep? You sound kinda funky there."

It was too early in the morning, and Leilani had chosen to wake up her new found friend with a friendly morning call.

"Damn, you think you know a person, then they force their way into your contacts. What a world we live in."

"Whatever. So, I wanted to go to this workshop thing today, to celebrate finishing my final assessment for one subject. Wanna join me?" Leilani asked, not really caring that she had woken up sunoo. It's not like he would be able to go back to sleep anyways.

Sunoo checked his phone. "It's 7am."

A pause.

"I'm aware. Are you coming or nah?"

-

Cold winter air made its way into Sunoo and Leilani's skin as they stood outside the workshop.

"It's looks kinda full, are you comfortable going in Kim?" Leilani asked, peering inside the room from the glass window.

"Why you asking?" Sunoo turned to the girl.

"Well you have that whole idol thing going on. I personally don't want to get in trouble or anything."

Sunoo was beyond startled. Flabbergasted even.

"How do you know that?"

Leilani sarcastically rolled her eyes. "Hanbin told me. And there's a few girls in my class that like your group. And the skincare shop I go to always plays your music videos. Are we going in or nah?"

Sunoo was beyond flabbergasted now. How was Leilani mentioning this so casually?

"We can go in. I think that class is over, it looks like we're alone for the next session." For now, Sunoo chose to set aside the little situation. Ignorance is bliss afterall.

The shop slowly emptied out all the people that were in it before. Sunoo and Leilani made their way in, warming up their bodies thanks to the heater.

"Welcome! This workshop is usually independent, so I'll show you where all the accessories are, how to use the glue and where to go once you're done." A worker greeted the two.

"Customers usually chose to decorate frames, phone cases or charms. If you need any assistance, feel free to call out and I'll be there as soon as I can. Enjoy!"

Sunoo turned to Leilani who looked more excited than usual. "So, what exactly are we doing here?"

"I'm here to decorate my phonecase. You pick out little charms and things and glue it on. Super cool, right?"

Sunoo looked around the store and nod his head. He'd probably do the same, seeing that he was totally unprepared and that his phonecase was plain and boring and bare. "Let's make matching ones then!"

Leilani ended up with a light baby blue phonecase, decorated with soft hearts, raindrops and snowflakes and pearls. In the very corner of her phone, diagonal to the camera was a small crescent with her initials carved in it.

Sunoo sported a warm yellow phonecase, decorated with daisies, honeybees and gold flakes (fake ofcourse). Instead of displaying a moon however, Sunoos phonecase displayed a small sun with his own initials carved into it.

"These look so good Kim. I bet you're glad you came, right?" Leilani asked once they had exited the warmth of the store

"Can't believe I'm gonna agree with you." He replied, though it seemed as if his head were preoccupied with something else. Something more important.

"Lani, how did we even become friends?"

He caught the girl way off guard. "We're not friends. Especially not since you gave me that horrible nickname." She joked, not really knowing how else she could answer. Sunoo didn't buy it. He wanted a proper answer.

Leilani scrunched her eyebrows as shetook some extra time to think. "Must be since you hunted me down at the library. You brought this upon yourself Kim."

"Also, you're not worried about me being an idol?" Sunoo asked, revealing his true worries.

"Nah. It's just your job. Also, I'll be leaving soon, and we might not ever see eachother again. Your job doesn't concern me."

"Lets disregard our statuses and just be friends. Which, may I remind you once again, you prompted." Leilani added as an afterthought.

Sunoo nod his head as he inspected his new phonecase. It turned out prettier than he had thought. Maybe he would actually keep it, instead of throwing it out and buying a new one like he had initially planned to. "Fair enough. You're just a person. I'm just a person. We're just friends. You'll leave soon and I'll start work soon. Let's just be friends."

Leilani agreed. "Yeah. Let's just be friends."

Just friends.

After a long pause, once the two had processed their conversation, Sunoo decided to break the silence.

"So, how was your exam??"