8 Red Rose

Part 8 Red Rose

Suman came home from the office. He stopped at the doorstep, as a super aroma hit his nose. He came to the kitchen smelling it and saw Khushi thinking something deep, sitting next to the big-size tray in which peanut and jaggery mixture had been spread. She was making PEANUT CANDY. It was getting set in the tray.

Suman tapped her shoulder, making her jerk. Khushi looked at him.

"What are you thinking so deeply?"

Khushi nodded no. Taking a knife, she applied gee in it and started cutting the candies into equal-sized pieces.

"Let me guess... this is for your students, right?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"But, your class has only twenty-five chicks... then why are you making piles of candies? Are you going to distribute it to the whole school?"

"Kids may ask one more... I don't want to disappoint them. That's why"

"Oh... what were you thinking when I come?"

"Have you ever heard about a mother who doesn't want to be called MOM?" she asked.

"Hell no..."

Khushi sighed.

"By the way, who is that MOTHER INDIA?" Suman chuckled.

"Mother India?"

"Then what? If she doesn't want her child to call her mom, she must be called mother India" Suman laughed.

Khushi rolled her eyes.

"Who is the mother India?"

Khushi nodded her head from left to right.

"Won't you tell me?"

"Forget it"

"You want me to forget it but you are thinking about it deeply... what's the matter?"

"Nothing, Sumi... I want aloo Ki paratha today. Will you make it or not?"

"Very good way to divert me... I'm going to make salt-less parathas today"

"But why?"

"For hiding, the truth from me"

Khushi sighed. Suman smiled folding his hands.

"The Mother India is none other than Arnav's wife"

Suman was taken aback.

"You mean, Sheetal Kapoor?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"Is it true?"

"Yes, there was no mother's name on Khushi's identity card"

"Disgusting..."

"Mmm"

"I think Arnav is torturing her. that's why she would not like to get attached to her baby" he said reading her expression.

As he expected, Khushi was shocked.

"Have you gone mad? Does anyone do that? If she has a problem with her husband, it's their problem. They should sort it out within themselves. And for your kind information, people talk rubbish about Sheetal, not Arnav" she said, putting the candies in a box, making an irritating face.

Suman removed a box from his bag and kept it on the table.

"Here, what you wanted. Is it enough?"

Khushi checked the.

"Pouches... Pencils... erasers... Sharpeners... and scales... that's all. Thank you"

"Always..."

Suman went to the room to get fresh. Khushi packed them in a bag securely.