23 Aman Mathur

Part 23 Aman Mathur

Khushi came home and saw Suman sleeping as he watched night duty. Without disturbing him, she ate the biriyani that she made in the morning. There was a satisfactory smile on her face while eating. Preparing Biriyani for Arnav was her college-time dream as it was Arnav's favorite food. That dream came true today. Arnav had her handmade biriyani but Arnav was not hers. That thought ripped her heart. A lonely tear slipped from her eye. No matter how hard she tried to accept the reality that Arnav was not hers, the same reality of Arnav being someone's husband killed her literally.

After finished eating, she started doing the needed arrangements for the week. She always coped with her work whenever she got time. She was about to put the clothes in the washing machine, she saw it had already been done. She sighed. Suman finished it already. So, she hung out the washing.

She lay on the couch and watched TV. She wanted to sleep for a while but she didn't. if she slept today, the habit would carry forward the next day too. So, she never had a nap even though she would like to sleep.

After a while, Suman woke up. He came and sat next to her.

"Why do you wake up soon?"

"Will sleep the remaining sleep at night"

"Oh... did your night watch over?"

Suman smiled.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Nowadays, you are not giving attention to me" he smiled.

Khushi was stuck. Yes, she had been keeping his work schedule at her fingertip. After coming to Lucknow, she was lacking her concentration on Suman. How could she be concentrating on him when she had another one to do on?

"I... was in another tension, Sumi... I know from tomorrow you will watch day duty"

"Leave it... Tell me what tension you were in"

"Don't ask me about it... that witch came to school today" She said DON'T ASK ME, then, she herself started, telling him about it.

"Which witch?"

"Who else, the one who is taking Arnav's life"

"Oh, Sheetal?"

"Mmm"

"Today also she created a scene?"

"No... she didn't but me"

"YOU?" he raised his brows getting amazed.

Khushi told him about the scene.

"Wow, Khushi... you had done something very significant today"

"Significant? Why are you feeling so?"

"You would have become a center of attraction to your school and a notable person to Sheetal today... and one more thing."

"What?"

"Arnav would have known that you are still jealous of him"

Khushi rolled her eyes.

"I stopped her from hitting the staff... what's there to show my jealous?"

"The one would have understood who knew you well" he smiled.

Khushi pouted.

"You should have slept for some more time," she said.

"I want to spend my time with you... don't know how long I will get this chance"

Khushi looked at him jerking.