47 Pretext

Part 49 Pretext

Junior Roy was at the hospital to know the condition of Sarath. As the bullet penetrated his chest close to his heart, the surgeons were struggling to remove it without causing damage to his heart.

After the severe struggle for four hours, the doctors saw his heartbeat going down. Their efforts didn't work. The heart that didn't mind spoiling anyone's life slowed down his beats. The doctors looked at the ECG monitor which showed a straight line, indicating the ended life of Sarath.

The red light outside the OT went off. The police and Junior Roy straightened themselves. They understood the result of the surgery, seeing the doctor's face itself.

"I'm sorry, we could not save him"

Junior Roy sighed. The police started the formalities whereas Roy dialed Arnav. He attended the call immediately who was going to pick up baby Khushi from her class as usual.

"Yes, Mr. Roy?"

"ASR, Sarath is dead"

Arnav was taken aback.

"What will happen now?"

"She will get LIFE SENTENCE"

"Is there any point in her favor that could bring her off the prison?"

"No way, ASR. She shot him at the court premises. Nearly a hundred people, including judges and policemen, witnessed the scene. We can't break the case. Most probably, the reason for her action was very silly. She was proven guilty already. Sarath was the approver. She is a drunkard, heartless mother, was behind many men, there is no single point that can be justified her action" Roy said helplessly.

"Mmm"

"Forget her, ASR. You will get divorced easily. Live your life peacefully"

"Keep updated"

"Sure"

"Bye"

Arnav disconnected the call and headed to Khushi's class. All the students, except for Baby Khushi left the class already. He saw baby Khushi talking with Khushi, sitting at the table.

"Shall I sleep in your house tonight also?" Baby Khushi asked cutely, touching Khushi's chin.

Khushi was about to say yes, she stopped seeing Arnav,

"Of course, you can but send your daddy to his house," she said controlling her smile.

"Where do you want me to go?" Arnav walked in.

"Where else? Where you are currently staying"

"I'm going to check out Kapoor villa today"

Khushi looked at him surprised.

"Today itself?

"Why should I stay there anymore?"

"Where will you go?"

"I don't come to your place," he said seriously, making Khushi pout.

"Will go to my friend Suman's place"

Khushi rolled her eyes.

"He will welcome me with wide open hands" Arnav chuckled.

Arnav looked at baby Khushi.

"Beta, let's go, Rahim chacha will be waiting"

Baby Khushi looked at Khushi pouting.

"We will go to Sumi's house later,"