42 Woman's Mind

Part 42 Woman's mind

NK broke the hug and looked at Khushi.

"Then why did you marry Khushi?" NK put the question in front of him.

"My parents arranged my marriage with Khushi unaware of my real condition. They became furious when I told them about it. Without understanding my problem, my mother blackmailed me pouring petrol on her. Without any choice left, I went to meet her and told her my problem. She agreed to marry me only because I'm a transgender"

NK was like, what was the hell...!

"She married you only because you are transgender?"

Before Suman said anything, Arnav took the lead

"She loved someone when she studied in college. Unfortunately, she could not marry him. She could not forget him and was not ready to give his place to anyone. That's why she married Aman and accepted him as her friend. And... her boyfriend is none other than ME" Arnav said gulping down.

NK looked at Arnav bewildered.

"The kid sleeping inside was not Arnav's daughter. She is his wife's daughter" Suman said as he didn't want NK to think she was his kid.

"Whaaaaat? Wife's daughter?"

"Yes... He was forced to marry his boss's daughter who was pregnant with someone's child. His father-in-law trapped his mother in his web through some emotional drama. All the mothers are the same when it comes to emotional blackmail. His mother also did the same, marrying him to her Boss's daughter. Without any choice left, Arnav married her to show his gratitude to his mother"

NK sat on the couch with a thud, looking down.

"Now, tell me, NK. Do you think, your problem is bigger than Aman and Khushi's?" Arnav questioned.

NK ran his eyes on them one by one.

"I don't say your problem is simple. Let it be anything, suicide is not a solution. If Khushi's suicide attempt had succeeded, I would have missed her. We would not have gotten a second chance in our lives" Arnav said looking at Khushi.

"Second chance?"

"Yes, I want Arnav and Khushi to get married. I don't want them to waste their lives for any reason" Aman said.

"What will you do then?"

"I'm going to live my life... what else?" Suman smiled.

"With us..." Arnav said.

"No, Arnav... it won't be looking good. You have no idea how much Khushi suffered in her life..."

"I very well have an idea about her struggle. I know how deep her love for me... she even tried to commit suicide... can't I understand her inner turmoil? I had a reason for my action of marrying Sheetal but it won't be valuable when it comes to Khushi. I deceived her... no matter how strong my reason was."

"Why are you saying so, Arnav? It was not intentional..."

"But, the pain she has undergone is unchangeable. I want to wipe everything away but, I know I can't" Arnav said, looking at Khushi.

"But, you can make her forget the pain," Aman said.

"That, I can," Arnav said confidently.

Khushi smirked, like, REALLY? Arnav raised his brows. It was confirmed that he should work hard to get her forgiveness. He smiled because it won't be as hard as the life lived without her. He would coax her wholeheartedly, giving himself to it to the fullest.