01. 𝙃𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙚𝙡

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳.

MORGAN MONET belonged on the east side of tulsa oklahoma, the state where everyone saw as a frying pan on the american map. morgan had lived in tulsa all her life with her father but only found a comfort in her only friend, noel taylor who lived two houses down from her. they were the neighborhood best friends since childhood. it wasn't an easy childhood for morgan though, her mother died when she was 4 by suicide, it was one argument between her and morgan's father, john monet. it got so bad that morgan remembered the screams her father made when he found her mother hanging from a noose in late january of 1957.

morgan grew up without a mother as john never remarried or planned any intentions on dates, he just worked every morning to afternoon and came home to make sure his daughter was okay. after the death of her mother, bonnie monet, he promised himself that he'd try to give morgan a good childhood before her adolescence came in so that he knew he was doing fatherhood right. and he did just that. however, john hated himself for raising morgan in a one story home in a bad neighborhood, he'd have to stay up in her room until 2 o'clock in the morning in her bedroom for the lousy teenagers to quit. one night, he didn't get any sleep as there was a shooting outside their home, he had to stay up to watch out for morgan.

morgan was always the good kid before she watched noel slowly get into a world full of drugs and alcohol, she wanted to try it and noel pushed her into doing it. john was too blind to see this as he saw morgan as the same good kid morgan once was at 14, only receiving the straight A's morgan would get on her report card and the happy attitude she kept towards him. behind closed doors, morgan and noel would smoke away in her room while her dad was either at work or asleep.

☆彡

"bitch, wake up!" noel screams as she barges into the monet residence.

"adult in here." john chimes in as he walks out of the kitchen with two plates, "breakfast for today, sunny side up eggs with two bacon strips."

"thanks john, i'll go get morgan." noel says as she secretly pushes her cigarettes down in her pocket.

noel run through the wooden door into morgan's plain bedroom, morgan was still laying face down into her pillows, drowned in her white sheets that were falling off the corners of her bed. noel quietly takes off her sweatshirt to throw on top of morgan's messy desk, she jumps onto morgan in the wildest screams. morgan jumped up all frightened but the mood dropped when she was face to face with noel.

"can't believe my dad lets you in like this." morgan's raspy voice said.

"what can i say, i have that effect on men." noel wiggles her eyebrows.

"oh gross, that's my dad!" morgan scoffs in disgust, rubbing her eyes.

"get ready, we have school." noel alerts her as she gets off of bed, "and a 5th period to skip."

morgan rolled her eyes as she rolls off out of bed, she walks out in her pajamas and into her bathroom. morgan grabs her pink toothbrush only to squeeze out half of the amount of toothpaste she wanted, she was disappointed but she'll just wash the rest down with mouthwash. morgan peeked out her bathroom door to see noel playing with her eggs while john was sitting on the living room couch watching the daily news, nbc news.

            she spit the toothpaste out with a quick big smile in the mirror, checking for dirty crevices living between her pearly whites. morgan went back into her bedroom that didn't lock, john took the locks off her door because there was one incident where morgan tripped over her chair when she was changing, her door was locked which made it hard for john to get in. john had to get his roofing buddy, darryl curtis to come help him. morgan didn't care if she fractured her wrist, she was just embarrassed that a grown cute man watched her fall in her duck print underwear.

            "i got no time to eat!" morgan shouted out her door as she tried putting on her blue flares.

            "but you didn't eat anything!" john replies back.

            "i'll find something at school, don't worry." morgan hesitated on the first part.

            "alright." john shrugged.

            morgan finished getting ready, she ran to her dresser to rub her cream blush onto her face and pucker her lips with lipgloss. she grabbed her beige bag before exiting the room. noel got up from the two person dining table with her empty plate.

            "oh, morg!" john quickly called just as morgan and noel were about to leave.

            morgan halts, "yes, father."

            "one, ew." john stops and noel laughs, "two, i gotta take a double shift which means i won't be home until 11."

            "why?" morgan asks, uninterested.

            "carter took the day off because his kid's out of school sick and wife's working, so i gotta take his shift." john explained.

            "is that it?" morgan rushed her question.

            "ouch," john held his heart, "no goodbye kiss?"

            morgan rolled her eyes and moved over to the couch to peck john's cheek.

            "love you, bye!" morgan yells before shutting the door.

            morgan and noel walked down the pavement in all giggles, noel greeted all the boys in a seducing way while morgan just stood next to her in silence. morgan hates interactions with boys because she felt that the awkwardness was the culprit to her extroverted self's murder. morgan kept boys out of her mind with the help of poetry, she loved reading poems and writing them to herself. some nights when john wasn't busy, she'd read him her work and he'll admire the professionalism out into her poem.

            she maybe a nerdy 15 year old girl, but deeply inside she wrote it to get out.