14. 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳.

MORGAN AND DALLY HAVE BEEN BROKEN UP FOR 3 WEEKS, morgan learned how to love herself by finding peace in the world with her father who hated seeing his daughter go through a tragic heartbreak. on the other end, dally never got over morgan, he didn't know how to get over a girl like her. she was carved into his memory and her face was unforgettable, he only had two things left of her, a picture and a cheap dog chain she stole for him at a store.

he locked those in this box he's kept in his closet ever since he was 5, it was a gift from his mother before she ran out on him. dally would keep prized possessions like letters from his mother or souvenirs from a rumble, like a ring or necklace. morgan had the picture laying on its back at the bottom of the wooden box, he'd stare at it from time to time and remember what they had before he ruined it.

morgan was putting the last box into her trunk, she threw the book ponyboy had gave her last week just so it can remind her of him. morgan tried telling him that she'll try her best to come visit him and the gang but he knew morgan wouldn't make the effort to, he knew morgan wouldn't show up because she'd know if dally was there or not.

"is that the last of it?" john asks morgan.

"mhm!" she nodded with a wide smile.

john shuts the truck, gladys walks out with her son, alex.

"alex, i don't want you bothering morgan." gladys warns him.

"i ain't gonna bother this tramp." alex scoffs.

morgan secretly trips him while he walks to his side of the car, john and her laugh.

"ow!"

the 4 get into the car with everything gathered up. morgan takes off her shoes to get comfortable, alex mimics a person gaging, morgan attempts to attack him with her socks. morgan puts her feet up on the center console, watching john back up out of the driveway. the two teenagers stare at the for sale sign at the front, morgan had little flashbacks of herself growing up in the one story home.

as they were an hour into the road-trip, morgan starts going back in her scrapbook that had pictures of her and dally from her camera. she flipped the pages over to see pictures of dally doing funny, serious, and even sad faces. morgan hated him for wasting her film when they were dating, he tried working the button but actually flipped the camera on himself and pressed the button.

morgan leaned against the window while smiling at the pictures, she wanted to die at the fact that she was smiling at her cheating ex-boyfriend's face. she loved the time he said to her as a joke

i'm pretty when i cry...

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐑𝐘 :: 𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘯 🎉