13. 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧

𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘵

𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘵.

DALLY TOOK ME TO THE CURTIS' for the first time. i've never been there but it always sounded like a fun place from what dally would always describe every time he came over, we'd lie in my bed and talk about our day. dally always loved talking about the dudes he fought in the past, especially tim shepard, he says it's like beating up mickey mouse since his head is so big.

today i've been dreading to tell dally some news, i was moving to minnesota with my dad and aunt meg. aunt meg convinced dad to move there because she was always a big help around us, dad never felt so relieved after she came to visit for two weeks. we'd still be visiting tulsa every year or so just to see meemaw, she lives alone in her small home by torn avenue, she's been this lonely for 7 years after peepaw died of lung cancer. he'd always joke about the cigarettes he smoked.

i sat quietly on the couch in a slouch position, a can of coca cola in my hand. dally sat next to me with his arm around my shoulder, he was busy in a one on one conversation with two-bit about their 1967 rumble, the rumble they say was the greatest because they've never beaten that many socs while outnumbered.

"i swear, bob's head was about to fly off!" soda adds on while setting up his snack on the coffee table.

"you kidding me, i almost punched off some kid's front tooth." dally scoffed.

"morgan, you okay?" pony snaps me out of my gaze.

"yeah." i just nodded.

"you don't sound okay." dally opposes.

"nothing, i'll just talk to you about it later." i muttered, looking down at my hands.

dally clicked his tongue, "i'll be right back."

"let's go."

dally brought me outside, we stood on the porch face to face.

"there's something i've been wanting to tell you too." dally pursed his lips.

"you go first, i don't want you to be mad." i insisted.

"morgan, i-" dally face palmed himself, "i cheated."

my heart dropped so many stories down, i looked at him and he admitted right in my eyes, i knew he wasn't lying or joking like the other times. this time he meant it, i was so stupid to forget this side of him before i dated him.

i felt the hot tears flow in my eyes, the stress became so unreal.

"can you say something, please?" he begged.

"you fucking cheat." i hissed, "oh god, i was so stupid!"

"morgan-"

"what the fuck?! what the actual fuck, dallas?! i trusted you so much, probably to the point where i was gonna let you be my first!" i screamed in his face.

"morgan, i'm so sorry, it just-" dallas stuttered.

"it was with sylvia, wasn't it?"

all he could do was nod.

"you're nothing but a piece of shit with a shitty father." i scoffed, "i hate you!"

i began to walk away but dallas kept holding me back.

"morg, you don't mean that." he grunted.

"i mean it, i hate you!" i sobbed, "i was gonna tell you that i was moving away to minnesota next month!"

dallas' face dropped, he looked at me like i was a ghost.

"i hope i never see you again, which i never will." i prayed as i pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, "goodbye, dallas."

i turned my back to him and walked off the porch.

"morgan!" he called but i ignored.

☆彡

i lied on my bed for what felt like an eternity, i held my stuff animal close to my chest. dad was on the phone talking to real estate agents to ask them about the apartments in minneapolis, he was interested in the ones who told him about the apartments with two bedrooms and one bathroom.

he didn't notice me cry when i walked in, but he just stared at me.

i heard a knock at my door when the hallway went quiet, "sweetie?"

"come in." i say nonchalantly.

dad came in and sat on the edge of my bed, "i just wanted to tell you gladys and i are a thing now."

"really?" i sat up and smiled.

"yeah, she's coming over for dinner tonight if that's okay?" dad asks.

"that's more than okay, dad." i put my hand on top of his, "i'm glad she makes you happy."

"oh i love you, sweetie." he says as he kisses the top of my head.

i just missed him so much...