02. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪

𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘵

𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘵.

                                        I WALKED INTO MY HISTORY CLASS, it was worst class of the day, everybody talked all class long while i didn't have one single friend in that class. as a matter of fact, i don't talk to anyone in any of my classes, noel isn't in any of them. the only time i see her is during lunch but she makes me sit in the bathroom with her until 7th period, which is history.

everybody started walking in, socs specifically, wearing their stupid madras or patterned skirts. sherri valance walked in with marcia freeman, the two soc best friends who are dating another set of soc best friends, randy anderson and bob sheldon. sherri was a total fake, hair dyed perfectly red every 7 months and wore makeup everyday. everybody calls her cherry but i keep it at sherri, not friends and never will be.

sherri and bob are on and off almost every month, they're only dating because marcia and randy got together at the beginning of their freshman year and wanted their two friends to double date with them. they're juniors now which means randy and marcia are two years strong while bob and sherri are unknown.

"greaser, do your homework?" bob startles.

"no, the fuck you even asking for?" i crossed my arms at him, leaning back on my chair.

"you know why." he gave me a sassy look.

"back off, bob," sherri steps in, "she ain't looking to fight you."

"yeah, whatever, get off me." he stands up straight.

            mrs. rodriguez came in with an upset frown on her face and a stack of papers in her hand. everybody's conversation came to an end when they realized it was our test scores from last week, she had a look of disappointment when she read the first sheet with a big F on the front. during that test i was high out of my mind, i had smoked a blunt with noel in the bathroom during lunch before the test.

            mrs. rodriguez took a deep breath in before speaking up, "i'm gonna start off by saying i'm disappointed."

            "all of you got a D- or lower, this is civil war topic, freshman stuff."

            "two-bit loves freshmen, that's why he's always with that greaser, ponyboy." bob joked, everyone laughed.

            "and that's why your girlfriend always breaks up with you." two-bit said.

            everyone bursted into laughter as bob sat quietly in his chair, two-bit even got sherri giggling in her seat. mrs. rodriguez tried to get everyone to settle down but the joke was funny somehow, i sat there just tapping my pencil against my wooden desk, waiting for the clock to hit 1 o'clock.

            i fell into a gaze that trapped me into looking at the dirty air vent for the next 40 minutes.

            ☆彡

noel and i decided to walk around town instead of staying at my place until my dad got home. i wanted to talk about what happened in class but she sounded uninterested and changed the topic to boys, the ones she hooked up with at tim shepard's party on saturday. one of which was dallas winston, town's bad boy. to me, town's doofus.

noel grabbed my arm to turn into the gas station next to the thrift store, the dx. the most popular place for girls to come in and admire one worker, sodapop curtis, the boy whose older brother helped bust my door down after i fell.

we entered the small convenient store but noel had already left my side, she was all over sodapop curtis when we were a step in. i shook my head while walking around the candy aisle. noel was trying her best to get him to hookup with her but even i know that sodapop curtis isn't the hookup type, he's still head over heels for sandy allens.

"so is it just you today?" noel asks in a flirtatious tone.

"nope, my buddy steve is working on a camaro in the garage." soda nudged his head to the wall behind him.

"i like cars, they're super cool." noel comments.

"me too, girly." soda pursed his lips and turned to organize the cigarette wall.

            i looked over at the front before hiding two packs of gum in my bra. noel was sitting on the counter sucking on a lollipop like a child when she watched dally winston walk in with curly shepard, ponyboy curtis, and johnny cade.

            "mortgage monet." dally smirked.

            "texas winston." i returned the nickname game back to him.

            "still a bitch?" dally asks while leaning against the counter next to me.

            "yeah, still in the jailhouse?" i asked him with a smug grin.

            dally then turned to noel, "hey brunnie."

            "dally, told you not to call me that." noel giggled.

            "how could i not? you with your brunette hair," dally flirts as he plays with her hair.

            i pretend to gag from the tension between them, i went over to the rest of dally's minions. curly wasn't looking too good with a black eye surrounding his left hazel pupil, it looked like he had also popped a blood vessel in there, his knuckles were also messed up. same for johnny, i studied his scar he got from the socs when they knocked him out with a knuckle ring, news spread like wildfire around the school.

            curly struck up a conversation, "where were you saturday?"

            "your house?" i replied all confused.

            "yeah but i didn't-" he took a pause, "we're you the shitfaced girl?"

            "one of them." i shrugged, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

            "well i'm throwing another party this sat-"

            "no." noel immediately rejected.

            "why not?" i turned to her.

            "morgan, we're doing a science experiment, remember?" noel got off from the counter.

            "science experiment? i'll be there." dally chimes in, inviting himself.

            i already felt like i was gonna explode, "gosh! too much is going on, dally i don't care if you come, i'm leaving."

            i dramatically exited the store as the guys all stared me down, noel chased after me.

            why did i just do that?