11. 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳.

THE DAY EVERYONE HAS BEEN DREADING FOR but morgan, has come. morgan had officially turned 16, april 19th of 1969. morgan wanted to sleep in but her aunt meg was the optimistic one in the household, even john wanted to die on the couch so he wouldn't have to sleep. he let meg sleep in his room despite all the no's she kept telling him, he silenced them out.

morgan eyes squinted at the sunlight beaming at her, it was just a bright strike across her bedroom. morgan rolled out of bed only to hit her head on the hard wood floor, she held the back of her head while bitching and moaning on the floor to herself. morgan eventually picked herself up by holding onto the edge of her nightstand.

morgan stumbled out of the room only to be greeted by a jump scare caused by her father.

"happy birthday, honey!" john exclaims.

morgan nearly flew to the floor, "thanks dad."

"are you having friends over? i know grandma's coming over for a few." john kept asking as he followed morgan to the kitchen.

"is it ok if i invite dally over?" morgan turned to ask him.

"yeah," john hesitates, "he can come over."

"thank you!" morgan jumped up in excitement, giving her dad a kiss on the cheek.

morgan went into the kitchen to steal a couple of bites from the bacon her aunt was cooking. morgan then went through the mail to see if there was anything for her, as per usual, nothing. morgan hummed around the kitchen to the tunes of the mamas and papas, the rise to her hippie alter ego.

morgan landed back into her bedroom to find an outfit for when her guests arrive, just her grandmother and boyfriend but now that she has a boyfriend, she's never been more than happy to celebrate it.

her eyes landed on this simple dress with purple flowers printed all over it.

"changing, don't come in!" morgan alerts her family.

morgan throws off her t-shirt and slides the dress over her head, dragging off her pajama pants after. she runs up to her vanity to put on quick lipgloss and brush out her straight blonde locks.

she picks up her dirty white converse that sat underneath her window, jumping up and down to get them on.

once she got them on, she swung the door open with a smile, her scars on her arm were hidden behind bracelets. morgan whistled a trail to the dining table where she sat down and waited for the food, picking at her nails.

☆彡

6 pm had struck on the clock, morgan was resting her feet on top of john's legs while watching a movie on the box tv. aunt meg finished preparing dinner for everyone, the chef she is to everybody. she baked a cake that still needed some frosting to cover its naked body and the candles which were in the drawer, the rest she had done since 12 pm noon.

there were two knocks at the door, they sounded aggressive which sent morgan a good feeling it was dallas.

she got up from the couch to open the door, dally was standing there with his normal clothes on, a leather jacket with a wife beater inside and some dirty baggy jeans. morgan lifted her arms up and wrapped them around dally's neck, kissing his cheek multiple times.

"dallas winston." john calls with a stern face.

"mr. monet, nice to meet you." dally held out his hand.

john wanted to test dally by going on strict parenting mode, so he ignored dally's hand.

dally shook his hand down to his side before entering morgan's home. morgan held his hand to lead him to the living room, they sat down and got all cozy. john side eyed the couple from where he was standing, last time he caught them making out and he didn't want to see it go any further.

morgan rested her feet on top of the coffee table while in the warmth of dally's arm.

the door opened to reveal morgan's grandmother, the one who didn't need to knock like dally.

"meemaw!" morgan exclaims.

"sugar, come here!" meemaw gestured to her.

morgan ran up to wrap her arms around the short fragile woman.

"you've gotten so big, dear." meemaw says in a shaky voice.

"meemaw, i want you to meet somebody." morgan tells her.

she guides meemaw to the couch where she introduced dally, he stood up wanting to hug the lady but he feared he might break her.

"hug me, big boy!" meemaw insisted.

dally shrugged and wrapped her in a gentle embrace. morgan loved the idea of her family getting along with her boyfriend, she knew her dad was just playing games but she wanted to him to be nice for once around her friends just for her birthday.

they all sat down at the dinner table where meg was serving portions of mac and cheese, morgan's favorite of meg's besides the pork roast which was coming out in a few. morgan took her fork and dug in, dally looked at her.

he admired how she felt free around him and how she was way different from sylvia. he remembered the times sylvia was ask him to not look at her when she was eating, or to just stop looking at her in general. for the first time in his life, he finally felt like he met someone who he can just show love to without making it sexual or completely ignoring them.

morgan finished her plate and waited for the pork, she held dally's hand underneath the table as they listened to john and meemaw' s conversation.

"enough about us," meemaw said, "so dally, do you work?"

"yeah, i work at this bar some nights." dally nodded.

"what do you do in the meantime?" john tested.

"i either hangout with your daughter or my friends up on cornwell." dally answered.

meemaw put her elbows on the table and held her hands, "morg baby, where did you meet this man?"

"i've known him for a while but first time i ever saw him was," morgan paused for a moment, "it was at a movie theater."

meemaw clapped her hands, "oh how lovely! you know, i met peepaw at a farm and we instantly clicked and..."

"you both got married, had two wonderful kids, and peepaw died." the three monets said in unison.

they had a good birthday dinner in the end...