09. 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙝 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚

𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘯

𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘯.

IT WAS POURING RAIN OUT when i got to the curtis' house, buck had to teach me how to put the roof back on for the t-bird because last time i didn't do that and the seats were soaked from the heavy rainstorm. buck gave me all this shit about how i wasn't allowed to use the car for two weeks because of the little incident, it's not like i did it on purpose.

i ran up the steps when i tripped and face planted onto the porch.

"fuck!"

the door opened, ponyboy was standing there with a sinister smile. i got up to push him against the wall. two-bit was drinking away on the floor with his shoes off, johnny was napping on the couch with his hands hidden in the pockets of his jean jacket. ponyboy slammed the door and followed me but turned to sit down on the couch.

my head peaked out into the kitchen to see if there was any food, it was just darry reading a newspaper article. soda and steve were arm wrestling until i pushed their hands to the right, soda jumped up with a loud cheer while steve was disappointed.

"that ain't fair, stupid, you cheated!" steve stood up.

"fair ain't always fair, loser." soda scoffed.

"fuck is that supposed to mean?" steve asked.

"this." soda simply says before slapping the side of steve's face.

i walked out of dining room before they could involve me in their cat fight. my shirt was still soaked and stained with mud from the fall i had before coming in, i let it be because i'm not some homo who cares so much about what i wear.

i chewed my piece of gum while sitting on the floor in front of the couch, playing around with my christopher necklace, i was planning on giving it to morgan as a little gift for her being my girlfriend.

"dally, rumors have been going around." ponyboy notifies me.

"thanks pone but i'm not a drama guy." i shook my head.

"it's about you."

"what about me?" i scoffed, waving my arms up.

two-bit stacked his empty beer bottles on top of each other, his shoe was last to get stacked.

"people have been going around saying you and morgan are a thing now, is it true?" johnny asks for pony.

i shrugged.

all eyes were on me.

"okay, yes! me and morgan are a thing now!" i finally exposed.

"knew it." pony mumbled.

"what was that, dipshit?" i snapped my head at him, he looked away.

we all stopped conversations to watch mickey mouse on the tv, darry watched from the doorframe of the kitchen. the phone ringing startled all of us. darry stood up straight to go walk towards the phone, holding it against his ear. all that was coming from him was mhm or yes, i do. darry held the phone away from his ear and looked at all of us, we all stared at him like a room full of shiny eyed cats.

"dally, it's for you." darry says, everybody groans.

i get up from the couch, grabbing the phone and holding it against my ear.

"dallas winston." i said sternly.

heavy breathing was coming from the other end of the phone, "dally, i don't know what's going on and i just- i just need you right now!"

"morgan? you alright, where's your dad?" i kept asking questions.

"he went to go get stuff from the store with my aunt, meg." she explains while hyperventilating, "dally, please!"

"stay where you are, i'll be there in 2." i told her before immediately putting the phone back.

i stormed out of the house into the rain, struggling to unlock the t-bird. i kicked the side in frustration until it busted open. i hopped in and immediately drove off when the car was on.

☆彡

i bursted through the front door of morgan's house. morgan was running around the place and her face was all red, she looked like she was having a hard time breathing. i ran up to her.

"dally, it just happened!" she sniffled, "i was cleaning out my room and-"

"just come here." i simply say before bringing her in for a hug.

"it just got over me, dal." her explanation was muffled.

"it'll be okay, doll." i said.

"i just," she stopped before speaking again, "i just wish i could change."

"not everyone can change for the perfect and that's okay..."