06. 𝙂𝙤 𝙖𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙧𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳

𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳.

DALLAS HUNG OUT WITH THE GANG back at the curtis' residence, he heard darry was cooking a brisket for the gang as a celebration for his small little raise he got at work, making 25 cents more than he used to. to some it's not a lot but to them, they think darry's the millionaire of the gang.

dallas relaxed on the brown couch, watching the mickey mouse two-bit left on the tv before getting a few beers from the fridge. soda and steve were playing cards by the dining room table as pony and johnny were cleaning out the bookshelves to replace them with the new ones pony found in his room. they were the books he had already read but wanted to keep them in the living room so he could pick up one if he was bored.

"you can't do that, soda! i wasn't looking." steve complained.

"yeah you were, your big nose just got in the way." soda laughed.

steve smacked his head before they got into a one on one arm wrestling match. this was pretty typical in the curtis' residence and no one seemed to be bothered by this because it'd be something you see every night.

"did you guys hear about the monet's?" ponyboy gossips.

dallas turned his attention towards ponyboy.

"no, what happened?" darry asks from the kitchen.

"morgan got caught with a bunch of dope and mr. monet found out she was cutting herself." ponyboy explained, "news spread like wildfire at school after she didn't show up today."

"how did the news spread?" dallas questioned.

"a friend of noel, taylor, got the news from noel herself." ponyboy shrugged.

"is she alright, i saw mr. monet yesterday and he looked fine to me." darry recalled.

"i mean you can never be to sure," johnny chimes in, "just like morgan, you never know how a person is exactly feeling."

everyone in the house agreed with him, some even put some deep thought into that.

"i invited her over this saturday for johnny's party." ponyboy admitted.

"well i guess you can say she's not coming." dally shrugged.

nobody was that close with morgan after all, it was just ponyboy who made the most conversations with her. dally felt bad out of all of them, he was the only one who witnessed her clues, he just wasn't able to bring out how he felt about it and instead scared her by yelling at her. he was mostly bothered by the fact that he kissed her without even getting permission too, he was thought about how morgan would think differently of him.

☆彡

the day where ponyboy and johnny craved came, saturday night where everybody brought over their booze and cigarettes to celebrate johnny's 17th birthday, two-bit thought it'd be a funny idea to steal him a card that had mickey mouse on it. darry planned to make his special chocolate cake with cheap supermarket frosting to write out happy birthday johnny.

dally smoked a cigarette on the patio and watched his friends roam around the backyard in the cool air. people from shepard's and serpents came over, one who bugged everybody the most was angela, always trying to get at least one guy to sleep with her. ponyboy used to have a crush on angela but gave up a long time ago when her boobs started coming in at 10, their mothers tried setting them up together.

"morgan, hey!" dally overheard through the screen door.

his neck almost broke from how fast he turned it.

"i promised to come and now i'm here." morgan shrugged as she broke the hug from ponyboy.

dally flicked his cigarette to the ground and headed straight inside the house. morgan felt his presence but didn't bat an eye on him, she walked past him, following ponyboy to the back. dally was left dumbfounded in the middle of the living room where no one was found, just silence and a large crowd talking from the back of the house.

morgan was out and about when she looked at the backyard of ponyboy's home, she's never been to a party like this, last time she recalled one was when she went over to her aunt's down in michigan with her parents at the age of 8. morgan was still hesitant to introduce herself to the people around her, until someone from the serpents came up to her.

"hey there beauty." one came from behind.

"hi." morgan smiled while holding a beer.

"name's neil, you are?" neil held his hand out.

"morgan, morgan monet." she shook his hand.

"right, noel taylor's best friend!" he remembered.

morgan was about to speak but no words came out, that was dally's cue to come out.

dally broke up the hand shake, "nice talking to you neil, bye now!"

neil gave him a bad glare before walking off.

"what the hell, man?" dally put his hands on his hips.

"what do you mean what the hell?" morgan mocks.

"shouldn't be talking to neil pams, guy's worse than me." dally warns.

"worse how, what'd he do? commit more crimes than you?" morgan laughed.

"yes, morg! yes!" dally yelled.

everyone's attention turned to morgan and dally who were giving them the same stares. dally clicked his tongue before grabbing morgan out of the backyard, through the house, to the front porch. morgan looked up at the stars above but only dally got her attention.

"what happened, people have been going around saying you and noel got into some deep shit." dally asks out of curiosity.

"short story," morgan begins, "noel's mom found her stash of weed and shit but noel blamed it on me, her mom raged out on me and even showed my dad you know."

"no, i don't know." dally says strongly with his new york accent.

"scars." she mumbles.

"dad cried and now we're at this point where he's barely talking to me but is asking if i'm doing okay."

dally looked at morgan who had glossy eyes, she didn't look at him in the eyes but he knew something was up.

"morg-"

"why does everyone hate me, dal?" morgan cried, she's never called dally that before.

"nobody hates you, morgan." he sighed, "i don't hate you i'll tell you that."

"you don't?" she sniffles.

"no and neither does your old man." dally reassured.

"get over here."

dally brings her into a tight hug, morgan wrapped her arms around his waist with dry tears.

she scrunched her face from the smell of his cologne...