Meeting Her Match

Hello! If you've read my OC's backstory, called 'Adorabella: Her backstory', then this story is the one you've been waiting for! This is the start of a recovery arc if you like to call it, and there'll be more interesting stuff later on too (no spoilers though as much as I wanna explode and tell you all my ideas lol)! Anyway, I hope you like this first chapter.
-----------------------------------------------------------
It is night, and the temperature is luke warm. Rainbow Dash is chilling with Spitfire, Thunderlane and Soarin, on a small cloud spending time together, all 4 having grins on their faces. The cloud they are chilling on is a kilometre away from Cloudsdale's south. They occasionally spend time together after taking part in a massive Wonderbolt event, which they did today and today happens to be said occasion.

"Well, I need to get going. You know, it's good spending time with some of your fellow Wonderbolts," Thunderlane noted, yawning, tired from the event earlier today.

"Agreed," Spitfire nodded in solid agreement.

"We should meet up like this at night more often, and not just after an event," Soarin, also in agreement with Thunderlane, puts forward a suggestion.

"Yeah that'd be awesome! I love every minute being with you all," Rainbow Dash wholeheartedly agreed in her response.

"I'll see you all around soon," Thunderlane said as he flaps his wings and takes off. Then Soarin does the same, and then Spitfire, leaving Rainbow Dash on her own.

When the other 3 left, Rainbow Dash briefly sulked. The brief feeling of loneliness when her friends need to leave, while temporary, makes her feel alone. Rainbow Dash shakes her head, knowing she'll see her Wonderbolt friends again soon. She smiles at that reassurance.

"Well I must be on my own way too," Rainbow Dash said to herself. She starts flapping her wings, lifting herself off of the cloud. As she did, she sees a dark figure with white wings fly vertically past her.

"Huh-" Rainbow Dash looks up and sees that the pegasus which flown past is wearing a dark cloak, has white forehooves and legs. A tail that's different shades of pink is also sticking out from the cloak. But what caught Rainbow Dash's attention is that she sees what seems to be a backpack. As well, the pegasus is flying at speeds faster than most pegasuses could ever fly at.

"Have they robbed somepony!? No other pony flies that fast without a reason! If they have I must stop them!" Without any further thought or consideration, Rainbow Dash flies in pursuit for that cloaked pegasus.

Rainbow Dash puts all 4 hooves as far out as she could and accerlates in speed.

Rainbow-coloured pulses appear in front of Rainbow Dash's forehooves and her sides. Sparks also start appearing at the side of her. Then, a loud boom is created as she increases dramatically in speed. Behind her she creates a ring-shaped burst that's rainbow-coloured and starts leaving a rainbow trail behind her.

"You ain't getting away from me! Nah ah- wait what, huh!? Wha-"

The pony in front also puts all 4 of their hooves as far out as they could. They accelerate, and different shades of pink starts pulsing from the front of their forehooves that go down the sides of them. Sparks also start appearing at the side of them. Then, a loud boom is created as they increase dramatically in speed. Behind them they create a ring-shaped burst that has multiple shades and different types of pink and starts leaving a trail of different shades of pink behind them.

"They're a fast one, that's for sure," Rainbow Dash grinned. Finally an adversary to her that's actually a challenge, an actual challenge. The cloaked pegasus in front starts to increase their speed, and so does Rainbow Dash. A few seconds after both of them breaking the sound barrier, the pegasus in front appears to be going faster and getting further away.