Overcoming A Massive Barrier

6 days later...

During the week, all pegasuses were off work to prepare themselves in order to safely bring the reservoir water up to Cloudsdale together. The first day didn't go well for Adorabella, she tried having her hood down in front of everypony else, but she quickly pulled it back up. She felt far too uncomfortable to keep the hood down for long. On the plus side though, she did get to meet up with ponies she doesn't always get meet, like Ralph and Fluttershy. Derpy was also taking part in tornado duty. So, during the week of prep and training, Adorabella hung out with either those 3 during the training preparing for the big day.

On the 1st day, at the end when everypony was measuring their wing power, Adorabella scored 14.5. Rainbow Dash scored 17.5 wing power. But when everypony Adorabella didn't know left and wasn't afraid to show off a little bit then, she went again and scored close to 25 wing power, and even then, that still isn't her max wing power, not even a fraction close to her true max wing power. For comparison, the next highest behind Adorabella and Rainbow Dash, was Vapor Trail, who scored 15. She came down from Cloudsdale itself to help in tornado duty because it looked fun to her.

Behind Vapor Trail's score was Ralph's score, which was 12. Then Thunderlane with 10, and most other ponies barely got around 8 to 9.5. Fluttershy managed to get a score of 7 wing power, 2 more than her last personal record.

At the end of the 5th day, the top 3 pegasuses, Adorabella, Rainbow Dash, Vapor Trail, those 3 all broke past 20 wing power. Rainbow Dash scored 22.5 wing power. Vapor Trail scored 21 wing power, purely thanks to Rainbow Dash helping her out. Adorabella meanwhile scored 20 (she then went and scored 33 when everypony else other than her friends left, still not her max wing power). Those 3 alone have 60 to 70 total wing power alone. The next highest score belongs to Ralph, who scored 15.6, far below the top mares, but ahead of everybody else. The highest score below Ralph belonged to Thunderlane, who scored 14 wing power. Then everypony else including Fluttershy are at least managing around 8 to 13 wing power.

Then on the 6th day...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Twilight had set up the anemometer next to the track to measure all pegasus' wing power. With her is Spike, with a pencil as well as a notepad with everypony's name on there. Rainbow Dash notices everything is set up, and blows a whistle, getting everypony's attention. All pegasuses line up to fly down the track flapping their wings as fast as they can. Rainbow Dash went first, and scored 24.8 wing power. Then almost every pegasus went, scoring almost the same as they all did yesterday. The only pegasuses left to go is Vapor Trail and Adorabella left. Vapor Trail went before Adorabella, and scored 22.3, ever so slightly more than her score yesterday. Now it's Adorabella's turn.

"Come on Adorabella! Come on!" Rainbow Dash cheered on for her. Adorabella looks left as she extends her wings, looking at Rainbow Dash. She then looks back to her right, where Ralph and Derpy happen to be. Ralph nods while Derpy is frantically waving. Adorabella then goes back to looking ahead of her, down the track, where Twilight and Spike are with the contraption, ready to write down her score. Adorabella's wings are flapping so fast they look just like a blur, much like a fly's as she prepares to go down the track. Adorabella shyly looks side to side with anxiety. It's bad enough the others that are there who she doesn't know, knows she has one of the highest wing power scores, even with her appearance concealed.

Everypony else gets a good distance back to make way. Then Adorabella shoots off, cruising with a pink trail left behind her, creating wind that blew nearby grass away. She hastily flies past past the anemometer, where Twilight and Spike is. Twilight read the results and her eyes widen in surprise.

"Thirty seven point six wing power!" Twilight exclaimed. She knew Adorabella actually had way better wing power than Rainbow Dash, but not to the extent she is seeing. Spike write it down next to Adorabella's name on the notepad, also surprised, he was expecting Adorabella to hold back until most ponies left.