Slowly Branching Out

It has been a few hours since Fluttershy left. In that time, Rainbow Dash and Adorabella played checkers and chess. Rainbow Dash was better at checkers while Adorabella was better at chess. After some time, they ate lunch, and now they're just chilling.

Rainbow Dash is reading a Daring Do book. Adorabella is laying across the sofa, she is comfortable. She blankly stares at the table next to the sofa, now contemplating life. Life for her was always about fear, worries and caution. But now, she isn't sure what she's supposed to do. For the first time in her life, Adorabella genuinely felt safe, but bored at the same time. She never knew what being bored felt like until now. Before, she was too busy living in fear to feel bored.

"Oh I forgot to let you know Adorabella about this, my bad- We're gonna be having three fillies over later on. Will that okay with you, having them over?" Rainbow Dash asked. Adorabella nods, because they're only fillies.

"Rainbow... I need to have fresh air... I'm still... shaken," Said Adorabella. She never expected to see Rock or Catch again.

"Yeah no problem," Rainbow Dash responded whilst reading her book. Adorabella puts on her cloak and heads out into the foyer, walking to the door, then opening it, walking out, and then shutting it. Rainbow Dash meanwhile continues reading her book.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Adorabella looks all around her. She sees nopony else, and pulls down her hood. She breathes in deeply, extending her wings as she did. Then, she breathes out, and her wings drops down. She continues repeating, breathes in and wings extend, breathes out and wings drop. She relaxes as she lays on her stomach, staring blankly at the rest of Cloudsdale. There is a perfect view of the city from the Cloudominium.

"Hey." A male voice startles Adorabella. But she remembers the voice. A good few metres in front of her is Ralph. The stallion steps a few hooves back, away from the white pegasus.

"H- h- h- hi..." Adorabella shyly and sheepishly responded. Her whole body tenses up.

"Sorry if I was too close... you do like your space," Ralph apologizes while smiling. Adorabella gets up onto her hooves, extending her wings, preparing to take off if needed.

"I uh- um... I..." Adorabella shyly stammered. He is much bigger. If he grabs her, she's not escaping, no questions asked.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Ralph asked, taking a few more steps back. He may be to close for Adorabella's comfort.

"Y- y- yeah..." Adorabella shyly stuttered, hiding her left eye behind her mane.

"So... so..." Ralph stammered. He was just saying hi, and everything immediately became awkward.

"W- what are y- you doing?" Adorabella asked. She's somewhat wondering what is Ralph here for.

"Well I've just finished off the repairs of Dash's home. My mates are elsewhere doing another task as the bit I finished I was able to do myself, thanks to my gifted strength. Then as I was about to leave, I saw you outside alone," Ralph explained.

"That's n- nice..." Adorabella shakily nodded.

"What do you do as a job?" Ralph asked. He's curious, he wants to know more about the mare.

"I... don't... have one..." Adorabella slowly answered. She starts to worry that Ralph will suddenly lunge.

"Ah, well, I'm sure you'll find something," Ralph reassured.

"I... I'm going back inside..." Adorabella said as she opens the door and quickly gets back inside, shutting it behind her. She walks through the foyer and back into the living room. Ralph brought up one thing, jobs. Getting one may be the only way to help Rainbow Dash, by paying her. Adorabella is desperate to find some way to show she's grateful. She feels she hasn't shown any sign of being grateful. She feels like she's being more of a burden.