Venturing Out

(Morning)

After the CMC had breakfast and left, Rainbow Dash and Adorabella have their breakfast. Rainbow Dash got her Wonderbolt uniform on. Meanwhile, Adorabella got her dark cloak on. They are preparing to go where the Wonderbolt open day is occurring, at the academy.

"Are you ready?" Rainbow Dash asked. Adorabella slowly nodded.

"I can read you well. You're hesitant," Rainbow Dash stated. When Adorabella nods or responds slowly, she's hesitant.

"A bit..." Adorabella sheepishly admitted.

"...but I want to try."

Rainbow Dash nods.

"Everything will be fine, now let's go," Said Rainbow Dash.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(A few minutes later)

The Wonderbolt academy...

Rainbow Dash and Adorabella have arrived at the academy, standing by the runway. They got here early, no other pony has turned up yet. The Dizzitron had been set up though. A ring-shaped course had also been set up, consisting of heavy rain, thunder and lightning, thick fast-moving pink clouds, wind-generating machines, and there's a line of clouds on each side acting as barriers. There's also another ring-sahped course with these cloud barriers, except that it is clear and has no obstacles, it's a race track. The race track is enormous, being many many kilometres long. The race track is above the obstacle course.

"Nice to see you're early Rainbow- and ah, I see you tagged your friend along." Rainbow Dash and Adorabella turns right, where Spitfire is standing, wearing her Wonderbolt uniform.

"I wish I could've come earlier than I did," Said Rainbow Dash, sounding disappointed.

"The fact you're here earlier than the others is good enough," Spitfire reassuringly responded.

"You sound way softer than usual," Rainbow Dash stated.

"I have to be, I'm warming up in that regard or I'll be speaking to visitors like they're Wonderbolt cadets," Said Spitfire, which explains why she isn't speaking in her usual loud commanding voice. It's so she doesn't starting yelling at the ponies attending the open day as if they're Wonderbolt cadets.

"H- hi," Adorabella sheepishly said as she waves her left forehoof.

"Hey... Adorabella... was it?" Spitfire asked. Adorabella nods.

"Well, Adorabella, as you're the first non-Wonderbolt here... you have first dibs on what you wanna do," Spitfire lightly smilef.

"Oh let's do a race," Rainbow Dash eagerly suggested to Adorabella.

"If you're re gonna race her, I want you to go easy on her," Spitfire sternly demanded of Rainbow Dash. Adorabella isn't a Wonderbolt, and to Spitfire, she won't be able fly like one, let alone like Rainbow Dash.

"I may have to go... y'know, a little harder on Adorabella. She's um... she's a quick one," Rainbow Dash smirked. Spitfire looks at Adorabella, then looks back at Rainbow Dash.

"Ah, so she's a fast flyer too huh? Fair enough, I'll have to see for myself," Spitfire raised an eyebrow, not believing the light blue pegasus. Rainbow Dash vigorously nods back, confirming in protest.

This may also be the opportunity Rainbow Dash can push Adorabella into showing off a little. Adorabella is a fantastic flyer, and Rainbow Dash has been a bit disappointed that Adorabella isn't enthusiastic or proud about what she can do.

"Follow me and I'll take you to the race track's starting line," Spitfire instructed.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(The track's starting line)