A Shaky Afternoon

Notes:

I am on a stroll now! I hope to continue with this pace with uploads for my stories in general. Anyway, I hooe you enjoy this chapter.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(3 days later, 4:40 PM)

Adorabella had just finished her lunch. She had a salted cashew and lettuce wrap with microwaved cheese inside. The post office staff room had a microwave, which Adorabella had been using a lot. She uses it to cook her favourite wrap. She often has lunch late when at work, because it let's her make use of her hours by delivering more letters.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Outside)

Adorabella had just left the post office after having something to eat after delivering several full bags of letters to their individual addresses. Even with the bag full making it look like there's a lot, it isn't for a fast pegasus like Adorabella. She can deliver a bag full of letters to their addresses in between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. But she enjoys the job, so she doesn't rush it and takes it slow with her job. But it doesn't matter, as she delivered all her letters today, so she gets to go early.

"Hey," Derpy gently pokes Adorabella.

"Hi," Adorabella responded, smiling, bending her 4 knees up and down as she tilts her body left to right and repeat. She is in a good mood today. This makes Derpy happy too.

"What are your plans later on today?" Derpy asked.

"I'm going to see Ralph... I missed him. I- I couldn't see him on Monday... but I get to see him today though after work," Adorabella smiled while closing her eyes and continuing her left-to-right tilting. Derpy nods and smiles, seeing Adorabella being so happy.

"I'm happy for you," Derpy grinned. She can tell that Adorabella thinks about Ralph all the time. Derpy can tell Adorabella thinks more of Ralph in the mind.

"Well, uh... I'll see you soon!" Adorabella said as she waves to Derpy. Adorabella flaps her wings and lifts herself off the ground, and then shoots off. She is wanting to get to Sugarcube Corner really quick. She is excited to meet Ralph again. Not seeing him on that one day she usually meets up with him felt as if months went by without seeing him, even though it had only really been 3 days.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Sugarcube Corner)

Adorabella arrives at Sugarcube Corner in less than a second, still in her work uniform. She walks over to the bench and sits on it. It is the same bench that Adorabella and Ralph normally sit on together.

Soon enough, Adorabella sees Ralph. She ecstatically waves at him. Ralph waves back while smiling, making Adorabella smile as well.

"Hewo," Adorabella bubbly said.

"Hey, sorry about Monday. I was really busy that day. I had to fill out one of my mate's roles while doing mine. He was off with a very serious flu-" Ralph is interrupted by Adorabella clinging to her. Ralph looks at her, and Adorabella slowly let's go as she hides her blushing smirking face behind her mane.

"It's good to see you too," Ralph smiled. He can tell Adorabella is definitely happy and pleased to see him. Adorabella shyly steps forward to Ralph, showing only her right eye to him, the rest of her face behind her thick mane. Ralph warmly chuckles and gently stroke his best friend on the head with his left forehoof. Adorabella rubs her head against Ralph's big forehoof like a cat would, and very quietly...

"Meow..."

"Oh my- I'm actually flirting..." It only clicked in Adorabella's head, that she is flirting with Ralph. She didn't even know she was until just now. She didn't even mean to. Ralph is also appearing to be flirting along. Not as if Adorabella mind though, she didn't. If anything, it makes her feel even safer around him. But then to ruin their deepening friendship bonding...