Fight or Flight... Or Mate...

A/N: Hey guys!:) this is my second "story" on Wattpad, and this first chapter is kind of a filler- I didn't know how to start it, to be honest- so bare with me... Thanks for reading! Please comment, vote, and add to libraries...!:) also, if you don't mind, spread the word so others can enjoy...

"Flight 4610 leaving for Italy, boarding now." The intercom buzzed loudly through the airport terminal as I grabbed my suitcase and small carry-on with a sigh. About five minutes later, I was in my seat on the plane, my nose pressed against the window as the plane got ready for take-off. So long America, hello Italy!
Sighing back in my seat, I closed my eyes and pushed away the rising memories. It had been a long two weeks since my brother and best friend, Lance, had died in a rogue attack. It had been an even shorter two days since my parents decided that I brought up too many memories and pain for them, and so had kicked me out of the Pack. So, here I sat, on a plane leaving the States to find myself.
Plugging earbuds into my iPod, I blasted Titanium by David Guetta, featuring Sia, and prepared myself for the longest trip ever- 12 hours! I was soon asleep, thoughts of my family way out of mind.

~000~

A whole 12 hours later and I was shaken awake by the landing of the plane. Sitting up, I unplugged my earbuds and powered on my cell phone. First thing I had to do: Find the Alpha and tell him I was staying here, before I got found and imprisoned.
After getting off the plane and finding my luggage, I rented a car- the Alfa Romeo, as it was an Italian car!- and drove around through Rome, Italy. It was so beautiful, and I couldn't wait to explore! But, of course, I had to handle the Alpha first, explain my life story from the past month, and be granted a "visitor's pass" that meant I couldn't and wouldn't be hurt while in Italy.
Not knowing who was a werewolf and who was human- and certainly not wanting to give the werewolf existence away- I was left with a rental car- an Alfa Romeo!- to find my own way around. Driving through the streets of Rome, I pulled over at the nearest side street and searched through my bag for my map. Pulling it out, I was unprepared for how large it was as I unfolded it. It was easily as wide as the front of the Alfa Romeo, spanning from one side of the car to the other. Each fold had an individual continent with each Pack labelled with my father's neat scrawl. I'd stolen it from his office before leaving, but knew he'd never miss it.
Finding the European Union on the map was actually easier than I thought it would be, and even easier still to find Rome. There, in the heart of the city, was the Ridere Lupo Pack- the largest in Italy with the most well-known, and supposedly handsome, Alpha in the Union. That's where I was headed!
Driving through the city, I quickly found my way on the outskirts, the woods coming into view. Driving down the unfamiliar road, I almost missed the path that cut through the trees. Thank the goddess for my werewolf sight!
Pulling off the road, I killed the car and grabbed my bag, sliding the key along my necklace. Sighing, I walked slowly down the path, not even sure where or how far into the woods I was going. The sun was setting, so once again I thanked the goddess for my acute senses.
All of a sudden, the trees cleared and a large, mansion-like log cabin rose into view. It was a two story house with a well-lit path and large, open windows. Even hidden in shadow, I could see people inside- the Pack. They were having fun, whatever they were doing, and didn't even notice my presence. It wouldn't take long, though.
Slinking back into the cover of trees, I mutely wondered whether I should Shift or not, then immediately thought better of it- they would see it as a threat. Walking through the trees, I took a single step into the halo of outside lights that bordered the front yard- then froze as my emotions caught up with me.
Standing against a tree, I slid onto the ground as tears brimmed in my eyes. My own parents didn't want me, why the hell would this Pack?!? My own brother killed himself, and my parents blamed me... What would happen if I screwed everything up with this Pack, as well?!? Why, why, why?!?

~000~

A low growl startled me out of my doze, a haunting sound from the cloak of darkness and trees behind me. Scrambling up, I took a step back until my back hit a tree. As I stepped away from the growl, another reverberated through the night, closer this time. I knew I should've just gone and talked to the Alpha- now I was toast!
Swallowing a deep breath of air, it was then that I smelt it- a heavenly, delicious scent of chocolate and mint. My wolf went crazy, bouncing around in my head. 'Oh my goddess, Luna! That smell... Ooohhh find him, Luna, find our mate!'
Rolling my eyes, I ignored my wolf, as well as that heavenly scent that only seemed to be getting closer, and darted through the cover of trees closer to the light of the Pack House. Then, I ran into a tree- but that didn't make sense, because I was running towards the house. I thought it was a tree, anyway, until it moved- and arms wrapped tightly around me...
There was that smell again- chocolate and mint. A wave of sparks rolled along my skin as the arms lifted me high off the ground- and over a shoulder. 'MATE!'
"Hello, little one. Nice to finally see you."