Living Up To My Name

A/N: This is it, guys: Luna's official Luna initiation!

Luna POV

'You can do this, little one; I'll be right here every step of the way.' His voice was a reassurance, a constant promise that I was not alone, as it always was. 'It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of you, Luna; just remember that I love you, and am so, so very proud of you.'

'I love you too, Alessio, so much that sometimes my heart hurts...' My lips tugged into that same small, goofy smile that I'd worn practically ever since I'd met him as I looked into the mirror, startled by my own reflection. Was that me?!?

My hair fell in curly cascades around my shoulders, shining reddish brown in the light; my eyes shone as well, bright icy blue gray, beneath the thin layer of mascara. My cheeks were flushed, whether from anticipation or the brush of blush; my lips were a soft yet deep, sparkling pinkish red. The dress hugged my body like the very first time I'd tried it on, and I couldn't help but think of Alessio's hands on me; that's literally how form fitting the dress was...

'Little one, if you don't stop thinking about my hands all over your luscious body, we'll just have to skip the whole Initiation..." His voice held a note of slight anger, but it was quickly covered by the sexiness; and why wouldn't he be slightly angry with me? It was my Initiation day, and I could think of nothing but how sexy he was...

'You're right; I'm sorry...' My voice was soft with apology as I smirked to myself, knowing that we both would love to skip the Initiation,  anyway. 'But I can promise you one thing, Alfa: when this is over, you're mine for the rest of the night!'

Waiting for his reply, it took me a moment to realize that Mariella was knocking on the door; hurrying to open it for her, I frowned as she finally stepped inside. "Sorry, Mary; your brother was just---."

She cut me off with a small smirk and held her hands up in mock surrender. "I know, Luna, I know; and it's fine that he's trying to reassure you, he needs to be. This is a big day for you, and this Pack; you should be proud of how far you've come! I mean, goddess, Luna, you've only been here about two months, and you're already becoming the official Luna!"

Had it only been a couple of months?!? It's felt like forever; spending my entire life here, with my Mate and my Pack, is going to feel like an entire lifetime- and it technically would be an a tire lifetime, because I was not about to leave this place...

"You look beautiful, by the way; I told you not to worry about your makeup. I'm am artist, am I not?!?" Giggling, Mary took me gently by my elbow and pulled me out into the hallway. "You ready to become the Luna, Luna?!?"

~000~

He stood onstage below the stairs, facing the crowd, his back straight and stiff with formality; goddess, even his profile was beautiful! The cotton dress shirt he wore clung so tightly to every muscle in his chest that I could see his pecs- not that I minded, of course, but if I could see his pecs, so could every other female in our Pack... The shirt tapered around his hips before disappearing into his black suit pants; the pants fit snugly around his thighs before flowing down around his ankles to cover his black dress shoes. He should dress up more often...

Staring at the perfection that was my Mate, a stark feeling of inadequacy rushed through me; not only did he look professional, but he talked that way, carried himself that way, and even ate that way. I'm not near what he is, in the professional department...

He was strong and sure, a natural born leader, born to an even greater, more powerful Alpha and Luna than even he was; I was nothing more than a common foreigner, someone not to be trusted. I was spineless, weak, and didn't even leave a somewhat abusive situation until I was forced to. I was no Luna, let alone the Luna that this Pack needed and deserved- or the Luna that my Mate deserved...