Somebody That I Used To Know

A/N: I kinda thought that last chapter was just a teeny bit dull, what about y'all?!?! Be kind and lemme know!!!:):) this chapter, and the next ones all the way to The End will not be dull, I can assure you!!! If I hadn't sworn Sara_Mikaelson46 to secrecy, you could ask her about it..... But, since y'all can't, y'all will just have to read!!!:):);););)

Luna POV

"Why'd he leave her?!? He loves her; they're practically Mates!" Sobbing into the tissue, I proceeded to hurl the box across the room at the movie screen as hard as I could. "I don't even like Edward or Bella! Why am I crying?!?"

About to throw the remote, I whipped my head around with a snarl as it was pulled from my hand and immediately locked eyes with a pair of butterscotch ones. "Sweetheart, you need to calm down; it's just a movie..." Flipping himself over the back of the couch, he opened his arms for me as I crawled into his lap. "Come here, baby..."

Sighing, I nestled my face against his neck with a sniffle. "Why'd he leave her, Alessio? Why?!?" Then, the tears overflowed once more as I patted my baby bump; Alex said I wasn't emotionally stable enough to make the announcement about the pregnancy yet, so he'd simply invited Mary, Dino, his parents, and Filomena over to the house. "Will you ever leave me, Alessio?!?"

His face was startled, eyes wide, as he craned his neck to look down at me. "Why would you ask such a silly question like that, sweetheart?!? You know I'm not going anywhere, Luna... Especially not now!" His hand curved around mine atop my bump as he smiled, glancing dismissively at the movie screen. "What are you even watching, huh? What's got you so stirred up, honey?"

"Freaking New Moon; it's horrible, Alex! This girl falls in love with a vampire, then the leechs' brother, who may I say is hot, tries to drink the girl's blood; the leech and his family leave town, after he just confessed his love for her...! If he loves her, why'd he leave her?!?!?" Cue the saltwater leakage... "Why, why, why?!??"

What seemed like five minutes later, we were both cackling like mad-men when Jacob turned into a wolf; at least the movie people had gotten something right. "Score one for Shifters!" Throwing my popcorn in the air with a giggle, I froze as the doorbell rang downstairs. "I'll get it!"

"Oh, no you won't, little one," he gently scolded, just as easily pushing me back onto the sofa; no matter how many times I told him that I was only 2.5 weeks pregnant, he still insisted on treating me like a fine, china doll. "I'll be right back, sweetheart." Pressing his lips to mine, he cupped my cheek and let his hand fall away as he walked away. "I love you, Luna."

Smirking, I pressed the play button on the remote that has magically found itself back in my hand and turned the volume up as high as I could stand it. Checking the area around me to be sure that he was indeed gone, I cupped my bump and snuck on tiptoes to the door. The coast is clear!

~000~

"Luna! I told you to stay upstairs, sit down, and watch your weird vampire/werewolf movie..." Wrapping his arms around me tightly, he ushered everyone inside and closed the front door; I wasn't sure if he'd already told anyone yet, but the way Allegra looked at me just then, I could've sworn he did.

Next thing I know, Alex had me scooped onto him piggyback style as he began the tour of the house. Everyone loved the house, and they hadn't even seen our room yet; we'd already set up the crib and changing table and things, so we were practically set for the baby.

A few minutes later, Alex carefully set me back on my feet as we reached our bedroom; his hand was gentle around mine as he smiled, flashing the same look over his shoulder for everyone else. "You ready for this, sweetheart?!?"

Nodding, I twined our fingers with my own smile as he pushed the door open; everyone's breath caught as they looked around, noting the rather obvious display of the crib and piles of diapers. "We're having a baby!!!"

"You're finally pregnant!?!?" Everyone echoed different words, but they were all as excited as we were. "It's about time!" "Bless the goddess!" "I'm going to be a nonnà!" ((Grandmother))

"Congratulations!!!"

~000~

"Now, little one, let's finish this movie..." Alessio pulled me into his lap with a sigh and pressed the play button; everyone had finally left after spending about two hours here, so I was glad to be off my feet and watching my movie. "If you get too tired, we'll go take a nap."

"I'm fine, Alex, I promise," I filed quietly with s roll of my eyes; not that I minded this cozy, overprotective side of him, but my goddes, I'd only been organs for 2.5 weeks! How was I going to deal with him for the next 6 months?!?

"Let's just finish this movie..." No sooner had I said those words then there was another knock at the door; glancing at Alessio, I found his eyes distantly, as if he were having Mind-Link conversation. A second later, he snapped out of it with a thunderous snarl, eyes blazing. "What's going on?!?"

"Your old pal Derek just snuck past our gates!"

~000~

I hadn't seen him in about a year but, as much as I'm sure he'd changed, I'd never forget him. His usually messy, dirty blonde hair had been cut short, and he was stronger, more buff; his blue eyes still sparkled though, the corners of his mouth tilting into a weird smile as he saw us coming down the stairs.

Alessio had demanded that I stay up in the movie room, out of sight and harm's way, but of course I argued, and, of course, got my way; I hadn't seen him in a year, I wasn't about to let my Mate keep me from him.

"Hey, Lulu! Long time, no see!" The smirk on his face was teasing, and I hated it; it was his fault, in a way, that I'd left my old Pack. If he'd really wanted me to stay, he would've fought for me...

Running a tired hand through my hair, I quickly stepped out of Alex's hold as he softly growled; I know he only wanted to protect me, but Derek was a battle that I wasn't about to let him fight for me. "What are you doing here, Derek?!?"

The smile faltered on his face before dropping into a frown, his eyes sparkling to life in a furious blaze. "Thought you'd be happy to see me, Lulu; I mean, we are best friends..."

Glaring, I took a single step towards him as Alex gently gripped my wrist, tugging me back against his side. "No, Derek, we were friends; we haven't been friends since you let my parents throw me out of my own damn Pack!"

Scoffing, he rolled his eyes, but said nothing; his silence spoke volumes. I knew then that he hadn't thought about me any more than I'd thought about him.

"We use to be friends, now we're not... Now, you're just somebody that I used to know."

A/N: and so the plot thickens..........

Not as pleased with it as I'd like, but I've got a massive, pounding headache, so it'll do.......