Knocking On Heaven's Door Part Two

A/N: that last update was extremely short, I know, but I figured it would increase the dramatic affect... Did it work?!?;);) this one will be a huge chapter in length, though, so don't kill me just yet...;);) this one is still in Alessio's POV, so yay for that! Although, I do miss Luna, but I'm not quite done with Alessio yet, so bear with me......;);)

Alessio POV

Luna's beauty in that moment- in every single moment since we'd met and every single moment we'd have in our future- easily rivaled the Moon Goddess'. Her brown hair spilled over her shoulders and into her face, shielding her eyes from me, as she perched on the edge of the bed; her skin was pale and creamy against the blood red satin sheet that she'd draped over herself. Her face glowed in the soft candlelight, and her lips were still that perfect kissable red. She was easily, undeniably, the most beautiful woman that I had ever seen.

"Luna..." My voice was a soft murmur as I simply stood in the doorway, watching her; she made no move to look at me, and that was quite unsettling. Why wouldn't she look at me?!? Slowly crossing the space between us, I cupped her beloved face in my hands with a sigh. "Please look at me, mia bella, perfetta piccolo compagno..." ((My beautiful, perfect little Mate))

Her face barely lifted, but she looked through the curtain of hair as our eyes fleetingly met; then, she glanced away and began wringing her fingers together. What was wrong with her, that she wouldn't even look at me and seemed so nervous?!? "Alessio," she whispered, voice a mere breath of air, "I'm scared..."

The breath left my lungs as I slowly sank to my knees in front of her, my eyes searching for hers. "Luna, mia bella, perfetta piccolo compagno, I'm scared, as well..." Finally her eyes met mine, startled and wide, as she slowly arched a brow. "I told you when we very first met that I'd never even looked at another woman, let alone done anything... I have waited for you, my little Luna, ever since I first found out what a Mate was; I prayed that you would wait for me, but even if you had not, I would have loved you just the same... I don't care if I am not your first, as long as I am your last." ((My beautiful, perfect little Mate))

Then, the playful childlike side of her surfaced, and a giggle burst from her still red, kissable lips. "You're still a virgin?!?"

"I've told you, little one, time and time again, that I waited and wished only for you; I am not ashamed to still be a virgin at the age of 25. It's certainly not a modern notion, but it makes this occasion all the more special, do you not think so...?!?" Even as her childlike side had made an appearance, my anger was slowly starting so surface, as well: why was it so hard to believe that I was still a virgin?!?

"Would you I rather have had sex with the entire female population of the Pack?!? I easily could have; goddess knows how every single one of them, even those with Mates, would throw themselves at me..." When along comes my Wolf, so eager to throw his two cents in: "Perhaps I should find one so desperate right now... You seem to be hung up over the fact that I waited for you, surely a common Pack whore wouldn't care how many women I've been with..."

As her eyes began to crinkle at the corners with tears, I threw my Mind Block up with a ferocious growl; my damn Wolf could rot in hell for the rest of the time that she was in Heat, for all I cared..! "Luna," I slowly whispered, eyes downcast in shame, as I dropped my hands from the cup of her face, "I did not mean anything after the point of this being a special occasion... My Wolf took control of me for a second there- I couldn't stop him... I'm so so so sorry..."

As I trailed off in a ramble, I froze mid-sentence as her tiny, warm hand cupped my own cheek; her eyes met mine as she tilted my face up to hers, lips tugging at the corners into the smallest of smiles. "Alessio, my love, you think I do not know the difference between you and your Wolf? Of course that was your Wolf; you would never speak in such a way to me..." Her lips grew into a bigger smile, as she took my hand and twined our fingers against her steadily beating heart. "There is nothing to forgive you for, my love; your Wolf took advantage of you, and that was not your fault..." Tipping my chin towards hers, she leaned in so her next words were a breath against my lips. "I love you."