A Dutiful Distraction

A/N: first off, this chapter is in Alex's POV- anybody else miss him, or is that just me?!?;);) secondly, this one is quite a bit longer, and a lot more jam packed with drama...!;) lastly, this one goes out to my new follower Amandakathryn .... Also, to Bullsbabe1 for her awesome stories!!!:):) seriously, this chick is awesome!:):) go read The Blind Alpha, then The Mute Alpha....... Do it. Do it now.
Your welcome, followers, for introducing you to your next fave wattpad read!;)

Alessio POV

The large desk loomed in front of me, piled high with papers and Alfa matters that I'd neglected but would spend the day attending to; but who could blame me, when it was all because I'd found my Mate?!?

'The Pack certainly can, idiot,' my Wolf snapped, still angry at me for dragging him away from his sleeping Mate. Rolling my eyes, I scoffed and put up the Mind Block, though not before reminding him that it was he who had dragged me away from her last night. With my Mind Block up, I do certainly hope that Luna doesn't need us or get into any trouble...

'You don't think I'd know- that we'd know- if she was in trouble?!?' My Wolf was fighting me once again for control; he wanted his Mate and he certainly did not want me to shut him out. Rolling my eyes once more, I was able to concentrate long and hard enough to finally push the Mind Block into place. Peace at last... This is an environment I can work with...

Quietly humming to myself as I settled in my chair behind my desk, I pulled the stack of papers across the hardwood with a sigh and ran a hand through my hair. This was going to be a long, long day...

"È giunto il momento di mostrare il backup," my Beta chuckled sardonically, the words of our native tongue easily rolling from his mouth, as he lounged in the doorway with a smirk. Dino Capitani was the most faithful, loyal, and trustworthy Beta that an Alfa could ask for- the fact that he was so gentle and loving towards my sister, who was his Mate, just made him that much more likable. I trusted him with my sister's life, I would trust him with this Pack, and I would trust him with my own life. ((It's about time you show back up))

Rolling my eyes playfully, I grinned as he walked into my office and slumped into a chair in front of my desk. "Sai cosa vuol dire avere finalmente il vostro compagno," I sighed, mind drifting to her, our Luna. Goddess, how I already loved that woman so much. ((You know what it's like when you finally have your Mate))

His own lips pulled into a huge, sappy grin as he thought of his own Mate- and my sister- Mariella. He loved her, and she him, and they would both gladly give up their lives' for each other. All of a sudden it was as if a light was switched on; a purely sour scowl spread over his face as he shook his head with a growl. "Questo è vero, vecchio amico, ma non vorrei trascurare il mio pacchetto per lei..." His voice was low as he strategically avoided my gaze, though knowing plenty well that my eyes were burning with a glare. How dare he, speak to me and of my/his Luna that way...! ((That is true, old friend, but I would not neglect my Pack for her))

Standing so fast and hard that my chair flew backwards into the wall, a snarl left my lips as the fire in my eyes simmered black; my Wolf was near, close to the surface. "Get. Out. Now.!" Each word was a growl between clenched teeth as the desk crumbled in my hand, splintering practically into dust. 'Let me at him, let me at him, let me at him!'

The fire in his own eyes flared to match mine as his chest shook with a growl. "With. Pleasure." Then, he spun on his heel and was gone, slamming my office door. 'How dare she, come in here and ruin our lives...!'