One Call Away

A/N: it's really about to pick up from here guys, just wait and see....;);) also, we have a new character!!! But I'm gonna be mean, and not tell y'all about him- so, y'all will just have to keep reading....;)

Luna POV

In the coming weeks, the Pack House was a flurry of activity as everyone prepared for my official Luna Initiation; enough food had been cooked to serve an army, my dress and Alessio's suit hung in our closet, and I had finally memorized my lines. Before any of us knew it, the sun rose on the morning before the day of my Initiation.

We'd all been working so hard that Alessio decided to reward us all with a special, certainly once in a lifetime, no work day; nobody was running patrol, or training out in the yard, or even up in the office- where I knew a certain Alpha of mine would've been, had it not been the day before my Luna Initiation.

"Are you ready for tomorrow, little one?" Speaking of my Alpha, he lounged on his side, lips tilted into a small smile as he ran a hand through my hair. It was nice just to lay in the calm of the morning with him, enjoying each other's company, instead of working our asses off like we'd been doing the past week and a half.

Shrugging dismissively, I rolled onto my own side to face him and leaned in to kiss him, just as a yawn full of bad breath parted my lips. Slapping a hand over my mouth, I flopped back onto the bed with a groan. "As I'll ever be, I guess..."

"Good." His voice was soft as he captured my lips anyway, despite my bad breath, arms wrapping around my waist. "The Pack can't wait, and neither can I; you're almost officially the Luna of the Ridere Lupo Pachetto!" Sighing, he buried in his nose in the hollow of my throat and rolled on top of me. "I couldn't be more proud of you, little one... I love you, and so does our Pack!"

Grinning stupidly up at him, our lips were about to meet when the shrill ringing of the phone pulled us out of our bubble. Rolling my eyes, I tugged his tee shirt on as he hurriedly jerked himself into a pair of athletic shorts; I beat him to the phone, and had it in my hand by the time he made into his office behind me. "Hello?"

"It's about damn time I finally found you, Luna!" The voice, though I hadn't heard it in a long time, was so ingrained in my memory that I knew it instantly; what I didn't know, was how he'd found me.

"Derek!?!"

~000~

How had he found me?!? The last time we'd talked, I'd been bawling through my eyes and saying goodbye after my parents had kicked me out of my- no, their- Pack; I had my own Pack now, I had to let go of the past and forget about them...

"Oh, come on now, Lulu, I'm your best friend, remember- I can find out anything!" He chuckled easily, and I could imagine his eyes crinkling at the corners; his words rang with playful truth, and I remembered all too well the days when I had no secrets. Of course, I wouldn't have had secrets from him, anyway; he was one of my best friends...

"Your ability to find things out is rather scary, actually," I giggled, once again imagining the lopsided smile that he always wore. Running a hand through my hair, my own lips turned up at the corners as i found my fingers interlaced with Alex's; turning, I bumped my nose against his pec as he too smiled, lightly kissing the corner of my mouth. Goddess, if I wasn't talking to my best friend...

"Earth to Luna..." His chuckle pulled me away from my Mate, just barely, as I playfully rolled my eyes; he'd never been able to take a hint that I was busy. "Where'd ya go, Lulu?"