Walking On (Italian) Stars Part Two

A/N: this is part two, obviously the continuation of part one...

Alessio POV

The moon hung high in the sky as we slowed our pace; I knew, merely from my own instincts, that we were almost to our clearing. Knowing that my little Luna loved it as much as I did, only made it my favorite place all the more. 'Ya know where my favorite place is, Alex?'

My Wolf had not shut his big mouth since I'd even began planning this little date; quite frankly, he was getting annoying. 'Where?!?'

'With my Mate,' he growled angrily, even as I rolled my eyes.

'Dude, there's no way that's gonna happen...' My voice was just as snappy as his as I growled the words, eyes flicking sideways to my little one. She seemed to be locked in her own internal battle, and the sight caused a smile to tilt my lips. The fact that her Wolf wanted mine as much as mine wanted hers only strengthened our bond...

"Don't fight it, little one..." Turning as she cocked her head in question, I ran a slow caress against her temple. "Your Wolf... The harder and longer that you fight her, the more tired you will become, and the easier it will be for her to take control..." Cupping her cheek, I tipped her chin as her eyes locked with mine. "I'm here now, my Luna... You can take down all those walls and let your Wolf free; I will not let anything happen to you..."

"I know that, Alessio, I do..." There was clear hesitation in her voice, and I hated that. When would she realize that I loved her and would never let anything happen to her?!? "But," she slowly continued, drawing it out, "I've built up these walls so that nothing could touch me; I built them up for my own protection, I can't just take them down so easily..."

Falling into the depths of her blue-gray eyes, I sucked in a breath as she raised on tiptoes, lips brushing over mine. "Let me help you take them down, Luna... You shouldn't have to protect yourself, or guard your heart; I'm your Mate, that's my job." Then we really were kissing.

Gripping her hips, I tugged her into my arms as her fingers cupped the nape of my neck and twirled into the hair there. Taking a step back to balance myself, I smiled against her lips as she moved with me, standing on tiptoes even while in heels; still, that simple action gave me all the better access to her lips, so who was I to argue...?!?

As the kiss intensified, I felt her drift away from me, mentally, and knew that she was arguing with her Wolf, much like my own Wolf and I. 'Please, Alex, please please please please please give her to me!'

'At least let her get out of her dress!' Growling not near so inaudibly, I moaned into the kiss as Luna echoed my noise of both passion and frustration; she then slowly pulled away with a ragged pant.

"Just a minute, please..." Her lips met mine in one last quick peck before she slowly began backing out of my hold at her waist, our eyes still locked. "I'll be right back, I promise... Just stay right here..."

My eyes never left hers as I followed her, taking a step towards her for every two steps that she took away from me. Realizing that her walls were not yet ready to come down, I ever so slowly extended my hand towards her, a silent offer, a forever plea.

"Allow me, Mate."

~000~

Our fingers twined as I pulled her back flush against me, my breath steady yet still hot against her skin. Our eyes still locked, I ran both hands slowly along her bare arms up to the straps that held her dress in place, the question clear in my eyes; would she trust me, and finally let me in?!?