(Apparently It's A) Family Affair

A/N: another Alex POV, guys...!;) mhm, just can't get enough of him!;) how did y'all like the drama between him and Dino?!? Too much, or just enough, or even too little?!? Lemme know!:)

Alessio POV

Sunlight slanted through the tops of the trees, warming their dark skin as the forest echoed with their laughter. Wolves laid all around the clearing, little children running to and fro between them. Standing above the grill, I smiled fondly as I watched them. Those were my people- my Pack.

And that was my Mate, my Luna... Arms wrapped tight around my waist as a face pressed against my back and she released a small sigh. "It's so peaceful out here. I love it!"

Turning in her arms, I caught her chin with a smile as the sunlight played with the colors in her hair and danced in her eyes. "It won't be so quiet for much longer, little one- we are still celebrating..."

Her head cocked to the side as she lounged against my chest, fingers twined into my belt loops. "Oh, what are we celebrating?"

"Your homecoming, of course!" Shaking my head with a chuckle, I softly kissed her as she moved in my arms to sit atop the picnic table. Eyes locked, I brushed the bangs our of her face and cupped her cheeks in both hands, sweeping a hand towards the 50 or so Pack members that were gathered in the clearing; we had about 50 more members, of course, but they were on patrol or with their families. "This is your home now, my Luna- this is our home."

"Alessio..." She sighed my name softly, a brush of air against my skin as our lips met again, and twined her arms around my neck. "I love you, and I love this place- my new home." Her eyes smiled somewhat sadly as they locked with mine, lips ghosting over mine. "It's just a little," she paused, head cocked as she considered her next words, "overwhelming, right now, is all..." Even as she said that, a small smile played on her lips as she twined her legs around my waist, tugging me against her. "But I will get used to it..."

"Mhm, I'll help you with anything you need, little one, you know that..." About to kiss her, I growled quietly as my sister pranced through the clearing towards us. "If you think a new Pack is overwhelming, I wonder what you think of my sister..." Exhaling hotly against her throat, I scraped my teeth at her jugular as my sister finally reached us. "'Cause here she is..."

"Alex," she squealed, throwing her arms around my Mate and me and pulling us against her, "you are never going to guess who's here...!?!"

Rolling my eyes, I tucked my face into the crook of Luna's neck and breathed a deep sigh; already I missed her so much- and she was right next to me! "Who's here, Mary," I asked drily, arching a brow up at her.

"Mamà and Papí! Oh, Alex, you just have to introduce them to Luna- they are going to love her!" She was practically a ball of excitement and energy as she slapped a sloppy kiss on my cheek with another hug for Luna before flouncing to the edge of the clearing to find her Mate; Dino had finally finished his over-watch, and was free to do as he pleased for the rest of the night.

'We're all good, Alex; you can take a deep breath and relax now, old friend- we can handle it for awhile...' Since yesterday, we'd both calmed down and become best friends again, which I was glad for; I hated when we fought, since we'd practically been brothers since even before birth. Growing up and living life as a Shifter, I knew the strength and bond of the Pack. The Pack was family, and that was that; anyone could pick their friends, but nobody- especially Shifters- could pick their family, as the old saying goes. But me, I wouldn't change anything at all about my family...

"Alessio...?!?" Luna's soft voice filled my ears as she literally tugged me away from my thoughts, lips landing on mine. "You seem distracted...?"