Prologue Arc›1: Remnants of the Past

-"normal speech"
-'thoughts' in 3rd POV
-[Sealed being talking]
-"Sealed being talking to others"
-past thoughts

Honkai. Mysterious creatures of destruction. Nobody knows why or how they exist. But they are here...to destroy humanity. It's just like those games were creatures of unknown origin want to destroy humanity and the humans fight back.

The warriors, the Valkyries. The female warriors who have the power to fight against the honkai to save and protect humanity. Throughout history, the struggle of mankind and nature has never ceased.

That, is the history of this world. A world where the age of gods has ended. A world where science has grown to new heights. A world so similar, yet different from mine. The world is on near brink of destruction. The people have put their fate into the hands of the valkyries.

I think I'm starting to see valkyries in a new light. The ones from my world were mainly reinforcements from the allied forces during the war. These honkais are mere canon fodder in front of the weakest of the creations of the[Annihilation maker]. I sigh as I get rid of my train of thoughts.

I'm currently walking towards the school that I'm supposed to attend. I didn't wanted to go to school since I  have all the knowledge necessary but my caretaker, Ms. Sakurazaka, wants me to attend it, so that I could make friends.

Friends huh....All of my friends have perished. Even my partner, who used to speak to me inside my head is gone as well. I'm truly alone...in this world.

"Never once think that you're alone, just because we aren't with you."

................

What kind of jerk would I be if I don't listen to my bro's last words? I sigh as I loosen up the tie around my neck. Seriously, this uniform sucks. I make my way as I see students around my age entering the school. Senba High School, huh.... So this is the beginning of my new high school life. Although I came here in the middle of the year.

I walk inside the campus as I look around. This place doesn't look that bad. I walk towards my classroom as I open the sliding door. The occupants of the room looks at me as the teacher asked me.

"Yes?", asked the teacher as he looked at me. He was a middle aged man wearing a suit. He was just like your typical homeroom teacher. Bald, wearing glasses. Like that.

"Ohayo Sensei. I'm a new transfer student. I was supposed to attend the homeroom today."

I say as the Sensei had a look of realisation. He then motioned me to come in as he turned to the class.

"Students. We have a new transfer student joining us today. Be nice to him. Now, could you introduce yourself?"

I nodded at his words as I picked up a chalk and wrote the kanji for my name on the black board. I then turned around to face the class.

"It's nice to meet you, everybody. My name's Shirou Ikari. I look forward to working with you. Please take care of me."

I said as I bowed when I finished. I saw the students murmuring among themselves, to which I paid no mind. Sensei then asked.

"Now, will anyone help Ikari here with the homework? Since he joined late in the year."

"There's no need Sensei. I'm already updated with the homework."

The class looked surprised at my statement. The Sensei then said.

"Oh O-Ok, you can sit on the desk near the window. Pay attention, the homeroom's beginning."

I nodded as I went towards my seat. Typical Protagonist Seat. I sat down as I got my notebook out. I glanced at my seat neighbour. She was a dark purple haired girl. She had waist length hair with a light purple ribbon with white polka dots, tied on the back side of her hair. She wore the black coloured uniform. She had a moody expression as she just looked down at her notebook. I turned my head towards the  board as the Sensei started teaching.