Chapter 8: Reunion/May Sakura be with you

-"normal speech"
-'thoughts'
-"possessed being speaking"
-{Sealed being speaking}
-"past thoughts"
.........................................................................

...At the beginning, the First changed all.
...Next, the Second recognized many.
...In answer, the Third showed the future.
...Tethered, the Fourth concealed itself.
And the final Fifth had long since lost its significance.
Someone once said, "Had it only ended at the Third..."

I, Shirou Ikari, stayed in my room as I read through the book, "Lessons in Magecraft". Recently, I've been wandering around in my pocket dimension where I kept my belongings. Unexpectedly, I came across some books related to magecraft and true magics. The modern era magic of our world, or "magecraft".

Magecraft is the artificial reenactment of Mystery, which is ordinarily possible only by inhuman beings.

It is the ability to bring about what is possible through science with supernatural means; although the process is considered a miracle, the result is not. The limits of Magecraft have changed with time, as science evolved and Magic from the past became possible through science.

There exists no impossibility for modern Magecraft within the rules of the world and limits of human intellect; there are limitations, however, where it only appears that something is possible. Because Magecraft acts as the reenactment of preexisting phenomena, it is impossible to use it to create new Mysteries; even with an infinite amount of research, there exists a "wall" preventing human wisdom from doing so in the current era. The realm past this "wall" is known as Magic.

I read the book thoroughly as I digest the knowledge and information in my mind. I also read something about Origin.

Origin is the starting point that defines one's existence and directs one's actions throughout life. The form it can take at times is that of a human being, and all humans match their actions to be in harmony with the driving force that originated them from the moment they enter into the world.

In that case, my origin would be.....

"Extinction or Banishment"

It could be because the blood of an evil dragon flows in my veins. Banishing Shift is the byproduct of the legendary "Flames of Extinction" of Fafnir, which disintegrated anything that was touched by it, leaving not even remains behind, resulting in complete obliteration. Banishing Shift, in the same sense, completely eliminates the target's existence, resulting in the target's "extinction."

My dad, Jin Ikari, drank the blood of Fafnir, after slaying the dragon, which resulted in him gaining Banishing Shift, and when I was born, I also inherited it, and so will my children, and their children. The "Origin" of "Extinction" will be passed down to the next generations of the Ikari family. I should check the notes my dad made about his uses of Banishing Shift.

I pull out the notebook from my pocket dimension as I start reading his notes.

When he could feel out the «Heavenly Energy», the "Source of Existence", and cut it, he could banish the existence - the matter of the opponent's attack itself into zero-dimensional space.