Chapter 21: The Sound of the Field of Misfortune-Exams!

-"normal speech"
-'thoughts'
-[Sealed being speaking]
-"Possessed being speaking"
-"past thoughts"
........................................................................

The Valkyries managed to bring the Selene back to St. Freya after the mission in Soukai City. Bronya underwent a full physiological checkup after the team returned back to St. Freya Academy. Shirou, Mei, and Kiana were worried of her condition.

But they were reassured by Fu Hua that Bronya would be in the care of capable medical team so there was nothing to worry about. Investigations concluded that the energy emitted by Selene's power drives may have interfered with her bio chip. And so, the situation was being taken care of.

Meanwhile, the annual Valkyrie examinations were about to start. The classes had become increasingly tough and stressful for the Valkyrie cadets of St. Freya High School. Combat training, especially, had grown intensely gruelling and even battle lovers like Kiana admitted that it was too much.

............

You are my special
Muchakucha ni shite kurenai kai?
Issai wo zonbun ni kurai tsukushite
Isshou meikyuu kaiyuu randebuu
Memai ga suru hodo
"You are my special"

Mei took the headphones off Shirou's ears as she called out to him.

"Shirou-kun! Miss Himeko is lecturing right now! You shouldn't listen to music when the class is going on!"

Mei whispered to him while dhe made sure nobody noticed that Shirou was listening to music in the middle of a class. Shirou raised his head and looked at her.

"But Mei, I've been studying and reviewing notes nonstop since yesterday! I atleast want to relax for a while

"But Mei, I've been studying and reviewing notes nonstop since yesterday! I atleast want to relax for a while. Mmm..."

He crossed his arms on the table and rested his chin over them while he tried to relax even if it was just for a moment.

"I'm not saying that you can't, Shirou. But this remedial is important. Please try to stay awake. Please?"

"...Ok."

Mei smiled as she saw Shirou straighten up and look forward at the holographic screen behind Himeko as he tried to focus.

He couldn't.

'This sucks. I don't even have Albion anymore to pass time because of the Author.'

(Author: why do I feel like someone is blaming me for something stupid?)

Shirou sighed as he rested his head over his arms and just waited for the class to somehow end as unknown to him, Mei was enjoying her school life crush moments.