Prologue

"Diba, I told you so many times not to eat chocolates without me and Yaya Anna beside you? My goodness! Damian, there are so many red marks on your face." Nag papanic na ako't lahat lahat habang sinesermonan ang anak ay nagagawa pa rin nitong ngumiti ng nakaka gigil "Mommy, sorry, please..."

"Gosh! Andrew! Nasaan na ang gamot?!" I looked around and saw Anna, Damian's yaya crying. Gosh, there's too much to handle today. "Ya, it's okay. It is not your fault, okay? Tahan na." I console her while putting on the cream on my son's bruises and marks. "A-aw aw, Mommy itchy!" Halos ma kalmot na ni Damian ang parte ng katawan nitong makakati sa kaka kamot. "Yes, because I told you so many times already, son! We need to go to your doctor now," he pouted, gave me a puppy eye, and scratched the itching part of his face.

"Omg, I think we ran off Damian's meds, dai! Just bring him to hospital ano nang nangyare sa mukha ng inaanak ko?!"

I sighed heavily and stood up, I took my phone and any other important things and the car key and asked Andrew to carry Damian until the passenger seat. Ang tigas tigas talaga ng ulo ng batang to! I don't even know where he did get his stubbornness! Gosh. "Huhu, I'm really sorry, girl..." Naiiyak na sabi ni Andrew ng maka sakay na ako. He looks awfully pleading for something unforgivable. Taas kilay kong i-start ang sasakyan. "What for?" I asked. I manoeuvre the car and drive our way to the hospital in the middle of a night.

"Eh, kase... I forgot about his allergies on nuts, I'm really sorry I didn't even read the label first..." All I could do is sigh. "Hay naku naman, it's very risky for Damian. Andrew, I hope you get a lesson and be more careful."

"Why are you not even worried? You look chill." I smiled a bit, I'm worried. My insides are creeping me out, but I should not panic much and think about my son's stage instead. "I have no time to waste, dear. We need Damian to be checked. If I cry and panic here, he'll see me, and he'll be scared."

"M-mom! It's very itchy!"

"Yes, baby, we're near, okay? Shh. We're near the hospital." I drive fast yet safety until we reach the hospital. The guard was too genuine to give us wheel chair and even help us in. "Doc Carter! Oh god, Doc, my son i-is, is a having allergies, and I think it's about more than 30 minutes now." Doc Carter brought us to Emergency Room (E.R) and examined Damian. I sat on the chair next to my son and held his hand as they gave him medication.

"Thank God you brought him here not too late. He might have a seizure cause the bruises on his face and body are heating him up. He is okay now, just a little more rest, and he can go home, Miss Ruiz. I told you so many times. Don't scratch off the itches. You almost peel your son with so many creams on his face and body." I nodded at doctor Carter, and he tapped me on the back. I sighed heavily and looked at my son, who was now sleeping peacefully.

"He looks so soft, fragile, and vulnerable. Oh, my baby doesn't deserve this." My son reminds me so much of someone. He got everything from even the allergy thing. It has been 6 years since I left. I wonder how he is? But I saw his face on the latest issued magazine of the famous FMNH company and he looks fine. Based on the statement there, he is now top one of the billionaires. And such about business, nothing more personal.

"Opo, opo momsie. S-sorry na momsh." Napalingon ako sa bandang likuran ko ng marinig ang nanginginig pa ring boses ni Andrew, kausap ata nito ang mama. Tsk. I turned to her fully, I smirked wickedly, and I saw how she almost cried. "Besh, help!" I close my mouth shut and turn around. But my conscience almost ate me so I turned to her again and took the phone. "Hello Ma, kamusta po kayo?"

"Jusko! Kamusta na ang aking apo Samantha? Aba eh, ano't napapabayaan mo yan?!" I sighed weakly, "Ma, ayos na po si Damian. Uuwi na rin naman po kami pero napag pasiyahan kong mag stay na lang dito hanggang mag umaga." Maayos na sabi ko at maliit na ngumiti na para bang nasa harap ko lang si Mama. "Jusko salamat naman, wag mong pababayaan yan! Kailan ba kase kayo uuwi dito at ng asawa mo? At hindi ko na s'ya nakaka usap simula noong ika tatlong taon ni Damian ah?" It has me stopped for a moment. I almost forgot this. I wasn't so ready to talk about this.

"A-ah Ma, usap na lang po tayo uli nandito po kase ang doctor ni Dami." Mama was hesitant, but she couldn't do more and allowed me to hang up the phone call. That was close, tho. I she never bothers to ask such thing like that anymore.

"Kailan mo ba kase sasabihin ang totoo dai? Alam mo yan si tita, I'm sure wala yang kibo o di nag tatanong pero nakaka halata na yan. Imagine, mahigit isang taon na nung maka usap n'ya si Drake."

"Drew, you know the truth, please. I just couldn't - I-I mean, let's skip this part, okay? I'll get us some refreshing drink. I'm so exhausted from everything." And that includes my past. I wonder if he ever wondered why I left without even resigning? Sure, he did. Of course, bigla na lang mag lalaho ang sekretarya n'ya? Tsk tsk tsk very bad Samantha Kaye Ruiz.

I took my phone and purse bag with me and left my son a kiss. I went to the cafeteria and made myself coffee on the vendo machine.

Pagkatapos ay na upo sa isang bakanteng upuan. I opened my phone only to see a bunch of emails from clients, companies, and so many more. But there is this one email that caught me. This is from Drake's secretary.

Kate Louisiana Sanders

Good evening, Architect Samantha! I'm afraid you're too busy to notice this, I have lost your mobile number that's why Im here sending you an email instead, your bestfriend won't give me and even the HR for your friend's stupidity. (Sorry for the words, but are you free tomorrow at 8 am early? I have a very important matter to discuss with you and my boss just can't come and talk to you as he has a very important board meeting also. It's another project for you, the head architect will surely talk to you after this. I hope you have a time.

Sincerely, Kate

"Oh, I think the client's VVIP, that's why." I typed a reply on Kate's email that was sent earlier this evening. I said yes and gave her some advice on how she should handle her boss, and she replied immediately with angry emoticons. I couldn't stop laughing, I could only see her face, hahaha.

A smile slowly fades as when I open myFacebookk account, mukha n'ya ang bumungad. It was a candid picture of him outside a familiar hotel. I think he's damn...

Here in L.A