Chapter 6: Drunk

"Uh shit!" I hurriedly put down the glass I am holding and went straight from kitchen to sala when I heard a man's husk voice cursing. I saw him there, nakatayo at nakahawak sa sentido nito. I cleared my throat to get his attention and I didn't fail. "Miss Ruiz?" Gulo nitong nilibot ang paningin. "Where am I?"

He stood straight and look directly at my eyes. "You're in my apartment Sir Eros, you were drunk dead last night and I didn't know where you live so I ahm just," Nilibot nito muli ang paningin. "You live here? As far as I know the company has given you a condo unit near the Ramazzotti's group of company? Didn't we?" Ah, I almost forgot.

"Still on process sir, okay lang naman po matagalan. I paid the 2 months advance rent here. Uh, siguro kumain na muna kayo? I prepared us breakfast at saka, malalate na po kayo–tayo pala." Hell it's already six thirty am and I am really running late. But I guess not yet? My boss is here right in front of me, do I have to worry? He should understand yes?

Lumakad ito palapit sa mesa, I cooked us sunny-side-up egg and corned beef  well, I don't know if he eats these kind of foods but that's what I got here lang. I also made him coffee, it isn't brewed. Nag init lang ako ng tubig at kumuha ng stick ng black coffee, I wish he'd like it tho. Ng maka upo ito ay umupo na rin ako sabay lapag ng kape sa tabi n'ya at salin ng tubig sa baso nito.

"Uh, I'm sorry that's what I got. I hope you eat that kind of breakfast?" Malay ko ba kung pa bacon bacon sya diba? Salad or spam? Wala ako non eh. "It's fine. I used to eat like this," tumango ako at nag sandok na lang ng konting kanin. I also did it for him, "I can actually serve myself. No need to help me." He said.

"You should move. This apartment looks..." His eyes look around as he found my eyes again. "Unsafe." Yeah, it doesn't just that. It is really unsafe and scary, noong isang araw lang may saksakan na naganap eh, mga lasing na tambay. It has days since I started working on the Ramazzotti's I have found new friends and met different kind of people already.

I have met the scariest person in my life, the intimidating and so many.
Life is always been hard. But this is only the beginning I know. It'll end soon and will be replaced by unending  happiness. "Hey?" I went back to my senses when Sir Eros snap his finger. "A-ah sorry I was just thinking deep. Ano nga po yon Sir?"

He exhaled loudly. "I said thanks for the company but I wish if things happen this way again just call Ice and she knows what to do, and I don't usually get drunk like that..." Yeah I get it, I was just worried. But the shit of don't know why,

Awkward akong tumawa. "Ah okay po, sorry." Lang ang tangi kong nasabi. Pagkatapos kumain ay tumawag ito sa driver at nag pa sundo. The day went smoothly, I have my work done, I've talked to my mom and dad.

I was busy signing papers when ate Ice appeared in front of me, wala ang boss namin at ewan ko nasaan. He cancelled all his appointment and task me to sign all of these papers.

"Hey, you've got a food delivered from unknown, but if I guess, it's from sir Eros since the only one afford to buy these foods is him." She gave me a menacing look. "Huh? Why would he even give me such?"

"Yes that's the question of everyone, ikaw ha? What did you do to that grumpy boss?" I rolled my eyes since I don't get her? What is she trying to conclude? "Teh, sinasabi mo?" Natatawa itong umikot at nag tungo sa likod ko pagkatapos I lapag ang paper bag ng pagkain sa isang mamahaling restaurant.

"O sya sige, but we'll see. Bye, and goodluck." Umalis to sa likod ko at kumindat at thumbs up pa. Umiling na lang ako natatawa at nagpatuloy sa pag pipirma hanggang sa maka sakay to ng elevator. When she got out of my sight I look in front of me where the bag is placed. Kinuha ko ito at sinuri.

A food unfamiliar with me. "Hayst mukha akong dukha habang kakainin to," kung may pamilyar man yung steak, salmon lang. The rest is I don't know, maybe a Korean food? And or japanese? But yeah, this how ignorant I am and I am not sorry for it. I sighed and set it aside to work, I'd eat later when I'm done with works.

It's not that hard naman, it's just reports and unfinished businesses. And then I thought of the lucky girl Sir Eros meant that night, he loved him that much huh? Is she the reason why he is now ridiculously playing with those girls? He must have loved and love her so much that he looks so broken dead last night.

Bumuntong hininga ako at tinapos na ang gawain, and then I ate the food he had me delivered. It all taste good tho, I hated how the raw octopus. Damn why would they serve food like that?! Pagkatapos kumain ay chineck ko uli ang schedule ni Sir Eros para bukas. It's not that hectic, I'm sure he'd be home early if he go homes.

I received a couple of call from different VVIP clients and some call from HR. "Yes, Madame we're sure you didn't gave us that info– we can deal, oh okay. Of course, I will talk to Sir Eros–the editors will surely review it, yes you're very welcome." It was a long talk with the last client, she has a problem about the newly issued catalog they made in our company it somehow stress me but eventually we resolved it.

Pagkatapos ng lahat ng trabaho ay nag linis muna ako kahit na wala naman talaga gaanong kalat at hindi ko yon trabaho, I just wanted to waste some time and rest. And after cleaning almost every inch of the floor, I went down tiredly. Alas otso na rin pala ng gabi ni hindi ko namalayan.

"Good evening ma'am." Ngumiti at bumati ako pabalik sa kay kuyang guard, as far as I could remember he is also the guard that day I was looking for a work. "Taxi po?" He then ask after a little talk we had. "Sige kuya, wala kaseng ma book na grab eh," tinuro lang din sa akin to ni ate Ice, I have learned more here in manila. Learned to live an independent life, free and yet scary experiences.

I look outside the window of the car. The lights and loud musics, the crowd were so unfamiliar–I mean we also are crowded, light full and loud in our province but this? This feels so new to me, something I couldn't even believe I'd get in to.

"Ma'am nandito na po tayo." I was so pre- occupied with those thoughts in my mind when the taxi driver talked. I composed myself and gave him the right amount of money. I went out of the car and was again welcomed by the familiar silence. Buti na lang mahigpit ang mga baranggay dito.

Still, we couldn't be more careless we might get stabbed randomly. I sighed as I get in.

Siguro tulog na sina Mama at hindi na ako makakatawag pa. They must be resting, binagsak ko ang katawan sa kama.

And thought of life.