1↠

The fours boys stumbled into the abandoned house slightly tipsy. It was an old house, left empty for many years. The floorboards creaked with every movement, the windows were cracked and dirty, and the wood was old and rotted.

Many people in the small town were afraid of this house, all of them well aware of the crimes committed here. Multiple people have been found laying on the cracked floors lifeless, their bodies bloody and disheveled with no explanation of how they died. Often times teenagers would come here to screw around and there was never a positive outcome.

Of course, this didn't stop the slightly intoxicated boys. They were having so much fun and didn't want to risk getting caught by their parents. They were underage of course, the oldest three years younger than the legal drinking age.

The youngest of them, Luke,had consumed the least amount of alcohol. He just wanted to go home and relax in his own bed while listening to music, but he would never admit that to his older, much cooler friends. He had just befriended them a few months ago, and he certainly did not want them to picture him as a baby. He's spent so much time working his way up to the top, and he wasn't going to ruin that in one night.

"Guys, why are we here again?" This house gave Luke an unnerving feeling. It was old and the electricity didn't work anymore. They had to use the flashlights on their phones to light up the small living room area they occupied.

The second oldest of the group, Michael, took another swig of his beer. "I heard the house was haunted." The seventeen year old boy shrugged, pushing his dyed hair off his sticky forehead. He had recently colored it a deep shade of blue just to spite his parents.

The other boys rolled their eyes. "Michael, there is no such thing as ghosts." Ashton said, pushing his glasses back up his nose. He was the eldest of the group, making him superior to the other boys.

"Who said anything about ghosts?" Michael scoffed. "I'm talking about evil sprits and shit like that." He flopped down on the dusty couch behind him, not bothered by the dirt that collected on his pants.

"What are we even supposed to do?" The tan boy standing next to a rickety old bookshelf spoke. He was the second youngest in the group of friends, always going along with what Michael or Ashton said.

That's how it went. Ashton was able to boss the others around, them being too afraid to talk back. Then Michael was able to push Calum and Luke around because he was second in command. Calum was only allowed to order Luke around, and Luke being the youngest, he didn't have anyone- not that he had the nerve to begin with.

The other boys were sprawled out on the other pieces of furniture in the room, unsure of what to do. They had ran out of their alcohol supply and Ashton was too afraid of getting caught if he bought more with his fake ID.

"You guys are fucking boring." Ashton pulled out his iPhone, the latest version of course, and began to press buttons on his phone. Ashton was brought up by a rich family, the main reason for his popularity.

In all honesty, Ashton hated being brought up with the family he had. His father was always working, his mother was cheating, and his older brother had moved out years ago. He felt alone all the time. His father didn't care about his problems. He only cared about being the richest person in town.

Christmas after Christmas, his family would gather around an overpriced Christmas tree to give each other presents they didn't need. Most of the things Ashton was given was rarely touched. He didn't like living such a spoiled life, but of course he didn't do anything about him.

Ashton placed his phone back in his pocket and clapped his hands together. All of the boys looked at him, waiting for the explains thin of who was on the other line.

"I invited some more people over." He smiled at the boys, knowing they would be happy. Well, if they weren't they wouldn't show it.

Michael cheered with his free hand, Calum nodded, and Luke stayed silent. It was past midnight and all he wanted to do was go home. Luke was getting creeped out by the unexplained noises happening in the house.

Not long after Ashton's phone call, three girls arrived at the aged house, their manicured nails clutching onto bottles of vodka and tequila. Of course, three out of the four boys have slept with all of the girls, excluding luke. He didn't want to waste his virginity on some booty call.

The "leader" of the trio, Emily, didn't hesitate to run into Ashton's arms. She wanted to believe that they were a "thing", although Ashton didn't like relationships. He hated being tied down to anyone, specifically a girl with more makeup than brain cells.

After shots were consumed, kisses were shared, and spit was swapped, the teenagers' vision became closed and their thoughts were jumbled.

"Can we please leave now?" Luke begged from the couch next to the other girl, Sarah. She kept inching her hand up Luke's thigh, only for it to be pushed back down. Did the girl not get the hint?

Michael placed the bottle of vodka on the table. "Luke, you gotta loosen up. You're only a teenager for so long." He tried to get Luke to get have more alcohol, but the blond had just about had it. He didn't like any part of alcohol whatsoever. It brought up too many painful memories from his childhood.

The noises in the house became more noticeable as the time went on. It was almost like someone was walking back and forth along the creaky floorboards above them. Most of them chose to ignore it, it was an old house, noises like this were normal.

All of the noises from the cluster of people seemed to stop when squeaks came from the steps just outside the living room. Something was moving down the steps. It was incredibly slow, but it was definitely on its way down towards the group.

Ashton mentally took back what he said about ghosts. He believed in them now as his palms began to sweat and the bottle of tequila was no longer important to him.

A small silhouette appeared in the doorway, just out of reach of the light. Hearts were beating out of chests, heads felt woozy, and knees began to tremble.

The third girl of the trio, Katy, clung onto Calum's arm for dear life. Calum would've shoved her off, but at a time like this, he wanted someone to hold on to.

When the figure stepped into the light, Luke felt like he was about to faint. It was just a girl, around their age, incredibly skinny. She smirked at the pale bodies in front of her.

"Did I scare you guys?" She asked, grabbing the bottle off the table and taking a long gulp.

Ashton returned to his normal state, hoping that no one saw how terrified he had just been. "Who are you?" He went to grab the glass bottle out of the girl's hand, but she swatted his hand away.

"I'm Ivy." She spoke, flipping her faded red hair behind her bony shoulder. "I've been hiding here for the past few weeks from the cops." She spoke as if it was no big deal that she was hiding out in an abandoned building, running away from the law.

Calum thought she was beautiful, although she could gain some weight, and her eyes were surrounded by dark circles. He was mesmerized by the way the light from the flashlight reflected off of her green irises.

Everyone turned toward Ashton, waiting to see if he would do anything with the girl who made herself comfortable. "The more, the merrier." Ashton had a smile across his face, eyes making contact of everyone in the room. Everyone shrugged, not having a say in what their leader had decided. Ashton was dominant and they knew that.

"Now," Ashton spoke, placing a black object on the table along with smaller pieces Calum couldn't make out from where he was sitting. "Let's play a game."

Once he adjusted, his brown eyes widened in shock. Laying there on the worn coffee table was a gun with seven bullets next to it.

"It's called Russian Roulette."