5↠

It was now Sarah's turn. She hesitantly grabbed the gun from Calum's limp fingers. She didn't want to play anymore. She didn't want to be in this old house when she should be at home taking care of her sick mother who couldn't even recognize her face anymore.

The brunette tried to hold back her tears as she rested the weapon in her lap. She looked up at the remaining five people in the group. She watched as Michael held his head in his hands, sobbing loudly. Luke had moved to comfort him because Ashton had just sat there. No emotion showed on his hard face. All he did was stare at the boy he had grown so close with over the years. He watched as he bled out onto the floors and Ivy's clothes.

"Well, I guess it's kind of a tradition to say something before I pull this trigger." Sarah spoke, more towards herself than any of the other five kids. "None of you know this, but my mother has Alzheimer's disease." She watched as her two other closest friends faces dropped.

"That's why you guys have never come over my house before." Sarah explained. It was true, she hadn't invited any of her friends over in years because she thought they wouldn't understand. They wouldn't understand why Sarah had to work two jobs and go to school because someone had to pay the bills. Her father left town as soon as she started showing symptoms of the horrible disease.

"I know that once I die, they are going to put my mother in some mental hospital or something, but it's for the best because I can't go one more day with her not knowing who I am." Sarah whimpered at the memories. "Everyday she would scream and yell, asking me who I was. Each day it gets harder and harder to convince her that I'm her daughter, a person she's supposed to love and care for."

Honestly she felt guilty for leaving her mother behind, but she knew that this had to happen. Sarah was tired of acting like an adult when she was only seventeen. She was supposed to be out making memories that would last a lifetime, instead she was staying up until early in the morning working at a gas station. Sarah had to grow up too quickly, and her exhausted body was well aware of that.

"Emmy, Katy," She spoke in between her tears. "Thank you guys for everything. You were some of the greatest friends I could ever ask for." Sarah did what she had to do to the gun and raised it to her forehead.

"I love you guys." She spoke before pulling the trigger.

Sarah drifted away from life with all of the happy memories of her family and friends fresh in her mind. Finally Sarah was free of all the stress of working two jobs and supporting her mother, who she loved with every bone in her body. She was able to find peace.