11↠

This is the second to last chapter before the epilogue like LMK how it has taken me like six months to write eleven chapters.

It's crazy how fast time flies. Just yesterday, Luke was sitting at home, bag of chips in hand, playing his xbox. Now he was sitting in an abandoned house, in a room filled with dead bodies.

Guilt weighed down harshly on the boy. He felt that part of this tragedy was his fault because he didn't do anything to stop it. He could've left and gone to the police, but no he stayed because he wanted to fit in.

How messed up in the head was he? He risked everyone's lives just so he could seek cool to his friends. Now that doesn't even matter because they were all dead.

"Shoot me! Fucking shoot me, please!" Katy yelled, still in Luke's embrace. She struggled to break free from Luke, but he was surprisingly too strong for her. Her body has grown weak from everything she's suffered in the past few hours. She was just drained.

The black revolver remained next to its last victim, Emily. It drove Katy crazy that just ten minutes ago she was alive and talking to her. She didn't understand why this had to happen. It was so so wrong.

Luke was struggling to keep the small girl in his arms. She was flailing her limbs every which way to get Luke to loosen his grip. "Katy, stop it!" He attempted to get her to relax, but it made everything worse. She only tried harder. "Ashton, fucking help me!"

Ashton had been staring off into space the last two minutes. It was like it was easy to ignore the screams coming from five feet away. He simply couldn't hear them.

When the blond called his name a second time, he looked up. Katy had tears mixed with dark makeup running down her face and Luke's face was flushed red. He didn't seem phased by it at all. He kept the same blank expression he always had. The only other emotion he was good at showing was anger.

Katy had broke free and crawled hastily towards the gun by the dead teenage girl. She grabbed it and looked it over, trying to figure out how to reload it. Her vision was clouded by the quick tears slipping from her eyes.

She finally was able to secure the bullet in the chamber before she turned to look at the remaining two boys. "First of all, fuck you!" She pointed at Ashton, who had now risen to his feet. "Luke, good luck in life. I hope something positive happens."

Her farewells were bitter and rushed. Not like anyone could blame her. She was going to die either way, so why not end it sooner rather than later?

Katy placed the end of the gun inside her mouth, a metallic feeling settled on her tongue. She looked at Ashton's brown eyes as she pulled the trigger.

Katy died that night, along with the others. Her mind was at peace an every burden she ever endured was lifted from her. Maybe death wasn't so bad after all.