3

Hayden and Apollo had physics together. And they had physics now. Hayden was pissed because Apollo got the date pass with Christina. He was thinking how to win over Christina before Apollo could. Christina Barlowe didn't give a fuck about anyone. Especially men who wanted to be romantically and sexually involved with her.

Apollo had only gotten a date with her because Christina wanted a 'dinner and fuck'. The whole school knew, Hayden knew. "What're you thinking so hard about?" Nick asked. "Guess." Hayden replied. "Christina?" Nick questioned and Hayden nodded. "Man, are you really serious about this one or is it to just piss off Hart?" Nick asked and Hayden went quiet.

Hayden didn't know why he even got attracted to Christina. Yeah, she's pretty and gorgeous. But him thinking like that of a girl only gets it to a one nightstand. Maybe Hayden wanted a one night stand and to piss of Apollo. He didn't have any reason to like Christina so much. Not yet.

Hayden sighed and replied to Nick with an 'I don't know'. "Man, I've got class with Hart right now. I can't do this." Hayden said and Nick laughed. "What's so funny?" Hayden asked, pissed but not really. "Your miserable state." Nick replied and Hayden gave him a lousy punch.

Nick and Hayden walked together till they came across Nick's class. Now Hayden was walking alone to physics, which had Hart in it.

He entered the physics class 3 minutes early. A new record. He saw few of his friends sitting at the back of third row. He joined them and searched the room for Apollo. Fortunately for him, he wasn't there. He was all glad and good till Apollo came. He rolled his eyes and let his head fall back behind a bit.

"You good?" one of his friends asked. "Yeah." Hayden replied. He looked at Apollo and he was texting someone on his phone. Probably Christina—he thought. He then turned to one of his friends. "Hey Miller." Hayden called out. "Yeah?" Miller questioned. "You used to hang out with Christina, right?" Hayden asked and Miller nodded. "You have her number?" Hayden asked. "Yeah." "Give it to me."

Christina was minding her own business in the middle of the class and minding her own business didn't include focusing in class. She turned off her ringer and silently scrolled through YouTube. She got a text from an unknown number and decided to check it like anyone would.

The text only contained a 'hey'. She proceeded to ask who it was and the texter turned out to be Hayden. She asked him how he found her number and he said he got it from a friend. Then Christina asked what he wanted and he said he wanted to hang out. Christina was confused and she asked him why he wanted to hang out. Christina was surprised about how blunt his reply was but since he was honest she said yes.

Apparently Hayden wanted to hang out with her in order to prove he was better than Apollo. She found it funny and a bit interesting so, she agreed to Hayden's offer. It'll be fun—she thought.

Classes had ended for the day. Fortunately Apollo and Hayden didn't get into a fight which the public craved to see. Sad for them. Christina was walking to her locker when she noticed Apollo. She went to him, not knowing why. She felt like approaching him. Which is really unusual of her.

Apollo noticed her to and proceeded to greet her with a 'Hey' and she greeted back. "Going home?" Apollo asked and she nodded. "You?" she asked. Apollo smiled and nodded. His smile's cute—Christina thought before she stopped thinking. "So," Christina paused. "Our date's tomorrow." she finished.

"Yeah, I'll try my best to not disappoint your highness." Apollo said and Christina smiled. "Do your best. I'm hard to please." she said and Apollo replied with 'Everybody knows', which simply caused her to smile wider.

They reached where their cars was and decided to split. "See you tomorrow?" Apollo questioned. "Yeah."

Right when Hayden arrived home, he flopped down on his bed. Tired from brainstorming. Brainstorming about how to end Apollo-Christina before they can even start. He wanted to win over Christina. Because he wanted to prove to everyone and himself that he's better than Apollo. He can get competitive. Really competitive.

He could never like like Christina. He rarely dates and if he decides to date someone, it surely won't be Christina. Why? Because he started trying to win her over solely because of Apollo. No way he was gonna end up falling for Christina. Yeah, he already fell for Christina's looks but Christina herself? No.

Hayden can't take shit seriously. Mostly, when it's important. He ignores stuffs around him which includes him in it and focuses on others. Why? Because it's easy. One thing he dislikes, facing actual feelings. Everyone's got their agonizing stories which is to blame for some of their unusual acts, maybe Hayden has one too. But he thinks it's 'cringe' and 'lame' so he won't even think about it. Teenagers right?

"Ray!" Apollo excitedly spoke from the other side of the phone. "Apollo, bro. It's 2 in the morning." Raymond said from the other side of the phone, sounding as dead as possible. "I found us a place for our date." Apollo said and Raymond could imagine him grinning which caused Raymond to smile a bit. Regardless, he was gonna act annoyed.

"Good luck, bro. You're gonna do great. Oh, am I gonna have to hear your 4 hour ranting tomorrow if she gives you an attractive smile?" Raymond asked, concerned for himself because what if the last one actually occurs.

"Yessir." Apollo replied and Raymond just sighed. Apollo Hart is a sucker for pretty smiles. Soon, Raymond hung up because he needed to sleep. Let's all agree on one thing, sleep is sanity.

Apollo laid down on his bed and smiled. Tomorrow was important for him. Why? Because he hadn't felt this excited in so long. He was glad.

Glad to be going on a date with Christina Barlowe.