10

"Who's calling?" Raymond asked and Apollo rolled his eyes at him. "The phone's in my pocket stupid-ass." Apollo said and Raymond let out a 'Whatever'. He took his phone out of his pocket and groaned. "Seriously?" he muttered to himself. Raymond raised an eyebrow which was a way of him asking Apollo what was wrong.

"So?" Raymond questioned. "Jolene." Apollo replied and Raymond flopped on Apollo's bed which he was previously sitting on. "No man, no." Raymond said dragging the 'o's, showing his frustration. "Why the hell will she be calling you?" Raymond asked and the phone stopped ringing. They both thanked god.

"Hell if I know." Apollo replied. "She's overly obsessed with you. Didn't you like treat her badly?" Raymond asked out of the blue. "I wasn't my best self, that's for sure." Apollo said quietly. "No, the point is—shouldn't she be like resenting you and removing you from her life forever." Raymond said and Apollo sighed.

The phone rang again and this time Apollo picked it up. "Hey!" Jolene greeted excitedly from the other side of the phone. "Why're you calling Jolene?" Apollo asked dryly. "Cutting to the chase already?" she asked and Apollo didn't bother to reply. She sighed. "Okay. I heard you're seeing Christina?" she asked. "Well, not yet but that's none of your business." Apollo said.

"Yeah, you're right but you do know that she's my ex best friend?" Jolene questioned. "Yeah. What's that got to do with anything?" Apollo asked and Jolene sighed. "I know we don't have a good history together but I'm naturally fond of you Apollo. So, I'm saying this for your sake. Stay away from her." Jolene said and Apollo laughed. "And why should I listen to you?" Apollo questioned, rather amused.

"She'll make you feel like you two are settled but not make it exclusive instead she'll be there with someone else as well as you. I know her Apollo. She isn't a cheating cunt but she also isn't far from being one. Her tactics are different." Jolene explained and Apollo sighed this time. "Look Jolene. Respectfully, shut up. I am sorry for treating you bad in the past but don't make me feel not so sorry by sabotaging a potential relationship of mine. I can fend for myself. Thank you for the heads up though! I won't think of it as anything." Apollo said and cut the call.

"That was wild dude." Raymond said and Apollo shrugged.

Christina was getting ready for her date with Apollo. They decided to keep it simple with just a simple dinner. They were both from sophisticated family and dinner date was kind of an ideal for them. But just a dinner seems bland like? So, Apollo tried to make something better of it.

Apollo could cook so, he decided he was gonna cook. Christina was amused and actually really glad. Who doesn't love a man who can cook?Apollo asked Christina if she was not okay with any particular food but she said she isn't picky, which is true.

Christina wasn't the type to put too much effort into relations. She found it tiring and boring. But since Apollo was putting effort this time she decided she would too. She took her sweet time deciding in between clothes—that's her definition of putting effort.

She got ready within an hour, showering and relaxing took an hour before that so two hours in total. Apollo's house wasn't that far away. She'd probably be there within 10 to 15 minutes.

The road wasn't jammed today so, as she expected she was there within 10 minutes. One of the chauffeurs of the Hart family came to escort Christina out of her car then to park it afterwards. Christina greeted the chauffeur with a smile and rang the doorbell. Apollo didn't come to open the door. The maid told her to go right down the hall.

She did as she was told and soon enough she found the dining table and Apollo who was setting the food on the table. They were left alone. "Hey." Apollo greeted. "You look beautiful." he said and Christina smiled. "Thank you. You too." She gave the compliment back and he smiled.

Apollo then pulled out a chair for her to sit. Then he sat down himself. "Do you mind if we skip the appetizers?" Apollo asked. He knew Christina didn't like appetizers. He heard it from her friends. "No, of course not. Go ahead." she said and Apollo nodded.

"These are amazing." Christina said once she saw the food. "If I'm not wrong then that's chicken cordon bleu, that's uh seared scallop and classic beef chateaubriand. Oh, and that's Vanilla panna cotta. Right?" She questioned after she was done pointing and guessing the names. Apollo was amazed. These were simple dishes but none of his date that he took to fancy restaurants could ever name them.

"You're absolutely right." he said, grinning. "Your palate is rather fine." Christina commented and Apollo took the compliment. "You can actually make a great date." Christina said. "You too, really." Apollo said and Christina scoffed. "Not at all! This is probably the first date I put effort too, I'm sorry my effort isn't visible but I wanted to take my time 'cause you took yours too." she explained and Apollo nodded.

"Thank you, it's much appreciated." he said and held out his hand on the table for Christina to hold and she did. "You sure I shouldn't be the one thanking?" she asked as she raised an eyebrow and took a bite of her food. The food was amazing as hell, her face itself gave it away. "I'm sure." Apollo said and laughed softly.

"Apollo." Christina called out his name and Apollo looked at her. "This—" she pointed towards the food. "This right here is gold!" she said as she proceeded to take another bite of the beef chateaubriand." Christina said and Apollo smiled widely. "I'm glad you like it." he said and Christina shook her head. "No, I am glad you made it. Like I'm not even exaggerating this is too good." Christina said and Apollo thanked her again.

While eating they didn't talk that much but they weren't all silent either. It was either jokes, complementing the food, short stories or just complaining about school. Dinner went fine just like that. They had a little wine at last but not too much to make Christina tipsy as she was gonna drive herself back home.

"You sure you don't want me to drive you back?" Apollo asked and Christina shook her head no. "I'll be fine Apollo. Thank you for today, I had fun." she said and moved towards him then kissed him. "You're fun." she added and Apollo grinned. "I better be more fun then, to win you over." Apollo said.

They bid each other goodbye and Christina went her way home. She sighed and got flustered for no reason. She thought they were gonna fuck, she thought Apollo was gonna be greedy, she thought she could predict it. She couldn't.

Apollo Hart was someone she couldn't predict and he was definitely not someone she met before. She was amused and annoyed. Annoyed, because she couldn't predict it. Amused because it was fun, he was fun.