Step-Sisters

Danielle paced back and forth impatiently, "Sit down Dani, my floor could get a hole because of you." Hyein said while changing TV channels, the Australian girl was already pacing half an hour ago.

After the incident in the cafeteria Hanni was silent until after school, Danielle saw the girl's eyes were puffy and her nose was red, Danielle felt sorry for her. Minji also kept quiet and said that they wouldn't be joining them at Hyein's house tonight. They knew Hyein and Haerin were half-sisters and lived together in the same house with their parents.

Minji was a very emotional person when it came to Hanni, and she could fight with Haerin if she met her tonight, Hyein and Danielle just nodded.
After that Minji took Hanni's hand and led her home.

Danielle was just about to answer when the door opened, Haerin just entered the room, Danielle dashed to her, "Why did you do that?", she asked without hesitation.
Haerin turned her head, she raised her eyebrows when she saw Danielle, "Why is she here? Why did you bring her into the house?!" Haerin snapped at Hyein, the tall girl rolled her eyes.

"Haerin, she's my friend, after all she's been here several times, you often come home at night so you never see her. I'm surprised you're home at this hour"
"Get her out Hyein."
"She's my guest Haerin, and this is mom and dad's house"
Haerin gritted her teeth, "Her luck this morning won't happen again."

"Hey, I'm asking you" Danielle touched Haerin's arm, the cat-eyed girl quickly faced Danielle and looked at her full of anger. Danielle took a step back but she didn't want to be afraid, she wanted to know why Haerin threw away the lunch box from Hanni.
"I..want to know why you threw away that lunch box, Hanni tried so hard to make it for you."

Haerin looked at Danielle, she didn't look angry, she looked more sad. Haerin chuckled, mocking Danielle, "I didn't ask for it and I don't want it."
Danielle clenched her fists "At least you can say no to her politely if you don't want to."
"Don't fucking tell me what to do, I never wanted anything from all of you."
Danielle gasped, Hyein who was afraid of her stepsister said more harshly words touching Danielle's back gently, "Please go first to my room".

Danielle pursed her lips, she nodded slowly, glanced at Haerin for a moment and then headed towards Hyein's room.
Haerin fix the position of the bag cradle on her shoulder and walked up the stairs to her room, "Haerin", Hyein called her.

Haerin stopped and faced Hyein, looking at her lazily.
"I want them to stop bothering me, following me, that Pham girl, why doesn't she just date your friend who is the same height as you? I knew that stupid Minji is in love with her."
"I understand if it's about Hanni, but Danielle doesn't bother you, she's a sweet girl, you're throwing hatred at the wrong people."

"She likes to meddle in other people's business Hyein, I hate to see her stupid smile, especially her crescent-shaped eyes when she laughs, so annoying.."

Hyein cut Haerin off, "Wait! I never realized what shape of her eyes when she laughed, I've been friends with her for 3 years and didn't know that, while you..." they both fell silent, the corner of Hyein's mouth curled, Haerin started staring at her angrily.

"You hate her but pay attention to her." Hyein grinned, Haerin knew Hyein would tease her and her anger wouldn't stop the girl, she really didn't like Danielle and she didn't understand why one sentence could make her step-sister assume that she liked Danielle, she would never like that noisy human!

Haerin snorted loudly and turned away from Hyein, up the stairs to her room.

FLASHBACK

Haerin was 14 when her parents divorced, her parents' fights every night could be heard from their room, so when they separated Haerin was not surprised at all. Haerin responded with the emotions of a teenager who was more mature than children of her age, she just shrugged it off  and didn't blame anyone.