Minji and Hanni

Hanni pressed the bell for the second time, she waited nervously.
The sturdy wooden door in front of her opened, "Ms. Pham." said Dong Gun, the butler of the Kim family.
"Is Minji at home?"
"Yes, but..."
"Can I see her?"
"Mr. Kim said.."
"Please.." Hanni almost cried.

"Let her in Dong Gun, I'll be the one who takes responsibility." Yunjin, Minji's older sister, popped her head from beside Dong Gun's shoulder and smiled at Hanni. Hanni rushed in and hugged Yunjin, "Minji..how is she?" she sobbed.

"Oh don't cry now, cry when you know what she'll face later." Yunjin chuckled, she already knew about the incident this morning at her sister's school, she was secretly amazed at what Minji could do to defend Hanni, her little sister really risked everything.

Hanni climbed the circular stairs in the living room and headed for Minji's room, she stopped her hand that was about to knock on the bedroom door. She turned the knob slowly, it was unlocked.

Hanni entered Minji's room, the room was dark, there was only light from the table near Minji's bed, the tall girl was playing games on her Macbook.

Hanni turned on the light, Minji stopped her activities.
"Yunjin stop bothering me!"
Minji stood up and turned around, she froze when she saw Hanni.

Hanni walked closer to Minji, Minji realized then ran jumped over the bed and grabbed a pillow to cover her face, "Don't..don't come closer! I'm sorry Hanni!".
Hanni stopped, her face turned confused, "Why are you apologizing?" she asked, "Hanni, I fought with your crush, made her face badly bruised, and..and we were both suspended, I might be fired from student council.." Minji's voice weakened.

Hanni's face softened, "Minji." she called.
Minji lowered the pillow from her face, Hanni smiled at her and spread her arms. Minji approached Hanni hesitantly, Hani hugged her tightly when Minji was in front of her.

Hanni put her forehead on Minji's chest "You are my best friend, what you did this morning was to defend me, I was more worried what your parents will do to you, they could send you abroad, we will be separated."

Minji returned Hanni's hug hesitantly, the words 'best friend' made her heart feel like it was being crushed, it hurt more than the bruises on her face, the cuts on her lips. They stood hugging for who knows how long, Hanni always felt comfortable in Minji's arms.

Hanni released her embrace, she looked at Minji, her eyes turned concerned, she gently touched the bruise on Minji's cheek, then the cuts on her lips. Hanni's fingers were so soft, Minji felt she could die happily right then and there.

"It must be very painful." Hanni stares at Minji without letting go of her finger on Minji's lips. Minji's heart pounded so hard that her ears felt deaf, Minji looked at Hanni's lips nervously, she felt like she wanted to explode, she really wanted to kiss those lips, she was ready to risk everything!

A slam on the door made them both jump in surprise, Minji turned around with a shocked face, Yunjin stood staring at them, her right palm resting on the door. "Yunjin you bastard! What's that for?!" Minji shouted in annoyance, her sister ruined her chance.

Yunjin looked at her flatly, "I've been knocking on the door and calling you since you two hugged, but all my efforts were just a waste." she said. Hanni turned her body around, her face felt hot, did Minji try to kiss her earlier?

Minji cleared her throat awkwardly, "What's wrong?" she asked, "Mom and Dad are home, they want to talk to you." Yunjin's face turned serious. Minji could feel her heart drop to the stomach, she was finished."Tell them I have guests""They also want Hanni to meet them."

Minji's face paled, "No..." she whispered, Hanni's face also showed fear, Yunjin's eyes softened, "I will accompany you. Come down in a moment, I'll go first." Yunjin said as she closed the door.

Minji looked at Hanni and hugged her, "It's okay we will be fine, I can accept whatever they will do to me but I won't let them separate us.", Hanni chuckled, "You talk like an adult"
"But it's true." Minji pouted.
Hanni just smiled, "Come on Minji, don't let them wait any longer"

The two of them went down to the living room and only met Yunjin and Sunghoon, Minji's oldest brother. Minji looked in all directions, "Where are they?", "Who?" asked Sunghoon, "Mom and Dad, Yunjin said they have come home."

Sunghoon looked at Minji like she was crazy.
"They left for Turkey yesterday morning, they won't be back until Thursday, what's with that face anyway?"
Minji glanced viciously at Yunjin who was leaning back on the sofa playing with her cell phone, her cheeks puffed up from holding back laughter.

Minji was silent, a moment later her lower lip twitched, her face showing an annoyed expression."My future is at stake and you're making fun of it instead?" Minji said coldly to Yunjin.The older girl couldn't hold back her laughter anymore, she burst into laughter while kicking her legs in the air. Sunghoon looked at his younger siblings strangely, "What's going on?" he asked.

Yunjin wiped away her tears while holding her stomach."Minji, you can practice with me and Sunghoon to face mom and dad later." she said. Minji rushed to the kitchen, Hanni looked at her confused, "Where are you going?", "Taking a knife, I'll kill her."

Hanni immediately pull Minji's arm, "Maybe her intentions are good Minji."
"Don't defend her, Hanni!" Hanni didn't answer and pulled Minji upstairs, "I'll kill you in your sleep." Minji said to Yunjin as she put her index finger in front of her neck and made a pulling motion, Yunjin continued to laugh.

Minji slammed the door in annoyance, she paced in front of her bed then looked at Hanni, "Will you stay here tonight?" she asked hopefully.
Hanni nodded, "As long as you drive me to school tomorrow morning."
Minji jumped with joy in her heart, even if Hanni's school was in the north pole, she would drive her!

Minji gave Hanni pajamas, the Vietnamese girl then entered the bathroom.
Minji checked her cellphone, there were several messages from Hyein and one from Danielle.

Hyein✨
08:38pm
Hanni is very worried about you, today she can't meet you at all, this morning she was late because she was oversleep.
08:39pm
You went straight home after leaving the principal's office, right?
08:50pm
Answer me giraffe!

Minji furrowed her brows, Hyein was 1 cm taller than her, did she not have a mirror?

09:01pm
Danielle said Hanni was staying at your house, you didn't reply to my message. What are you guys doing hmm?😎

This girl is crazy

Minji read the message from Danielle
DaniM 🇦🇺
09:00pm
Minji, are you and Hanni all right?

Sweet girl, what a contrast with that crazy tall one.

The bathroom door opened, Minji turned around and smiled warmly, Hanni looked cute in her pajamas. Hanni walked over to her and got on the bed, "Do you want to sleep?" she asked Minji, Minji nodded.

Minji put her phone on the nightstand after replying to Danielle's message, she didn't want to reply to Hyein's message.

"Can I hug you?" asked Minji, Hanni nodded and turned her back to Minji, Minji came closer, she put her right hand under Hanni's head and put her left hand on Hanni's stomach, Hanni put her hand on the back of Minji's hand and linked their fingers.

The smell of shampoo and body wash wafted faintly from Hanni's head and body, Minji closed her eyes, she didn't care if her heartbeat was now heard by Hanni.

"Good night Hanni." she whispered.
"Good night Minji."

Minji feels enough with the current situation, she wouldn't trade it for anything, she just hopes that one day Hanni can see her, only her, and she will work hard for it.