Denial

Saturday morning, 06:00

The alarm rang faintly in Danielle's room, Minji opened her eyes slowly, her brow furrowed at the sound, she raised her head slightly, the three people on the bed were still asleep. Minji took her head pillow and threw it casually at Hyein, the pillow only hit the edge of the bed and fell to the carpet floor.

Minji sighed and put her head back on the sofa, Hanni moved slightly in her arms, the girl was facing Minji. Minji looked at Hanni, she was still asleep.
They slept on Danielle's sofa bed, it was very soft and spacious.

The alarm was still beeping, Minji looked again, no one was awake yet. There was a faint sound of clinking dishes from downstairs, Danielle's servants were probably preparing breakfast.

Hanni moved again, Minji looked down, Hanni had half her eyes open, she blinked a few times, Minji smiled, this girl is so cute.

Hanni looked up slowly, Minji smiled at her, "Good morning Minji." she whispered in a sleepy voice. Minji clenched her hands, she really wanted to kiss Hanni, "Good morning Hanni." Hanni stares at Minji, those sharp eyes always looked at her gently.

"My, my." they both looked surprised, Hyein stood in front of the sofa bed hugging a pillow, "So this is the reason you didn't wake me up?" she smirked. The alarm didn't sound anymore, Hyein has already turned it off.

Haerin opened her eyes, she blinked then yawned, she was still sleepy. Haerin rubbed her face and was about to get up, her left hand felt heavy, Haerin furrowed her brows and turned her head. Something immediately tickled her nose, hmm what is this? Like the smell of shampoo.

Hyein watching her stepsister and best friend in amazement, Danielle was leaning towards Haerin while tightly hugging Haerin's arm, she was still asleep, while her stepsister looked like she was sniffing Danielle's hair, "Wow." Hyein raised her eyebrows.

Haerin looked up, Hyein was looking at her while grinning, Minji and Hanni had woken up and they were also looking at her, Minji even shows an impressed face while grinning, Hanni gasped and covered her mouth.

Haerin didn't like this condition, she had to get up. The cat-eyed girl pulled her arm but Danielle didn't budge, she just made a small sound and nuzzled into the crook of Haerin's neck, "5 more minutes Mom." she said while placing her hand on Haerin's chest.

Hyein, Minji and Hanni laughed, Haerin's face was bright red, she clenched her fists.

Danielle opened her eyes slowly, the laughter of her friends woke her up, she wondered what was making them so noisy.

Danielle still lay her head down, it was so warm, and it smelled so good, like caramel chocolate, Danielle nuzzled her 'bed' again, she didn't want to get up.
The sound of laughter was heard again and this time it was louder, Danielle raised her head, she frowned at the sight of Hyein and Minji laughing while holding shoulders.

Danielle sat up, "What's happening?" she asked in a sleepy voice, Haerin immediately got up from the bed and hurried to the bathroom. Danielle looked at her confused, she then looked at Hanni, "Why are you laughing?" she asked with a confused laugh, "Danielle you are adorable." Hanni grinned.

08:07 am

Minji put her bag into the trunk, she then took the plastic bag filled with snacks and mineral water from Hanni's hand and put it in the middle. Hyein walked out of the door and made her way to the car, Haerin walking behind her while wearing her backpack. "Is everyone ready?" asked Danielle, "Yeahhhhh!!!" Hyein shouted as she entered the car, she immediately sat in the front passenger seat, "Hyein, that's my seat." Danielle gave a small whine.