💜// shut up.

donnie x autistic!reader

genre: fluff, semi-angst

overstim comfort ayyyy

also, still trying to get diagnosed ;-;

~。⁠*゚⁠+

WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING JUST SHUT UP?

You chewed the inside of your cheek as an angered sign escaped your throat. Nothing was going right today. Everything felt off, and you weren't comfortable in your own skin. And now, you just wanted to be back at the lair. It may sound like a place you wouldn't want to be right now; four teenage yokai boys goofing around constantly. But they understand your issues with situations like that. If you tell them to stop, they'll stop. And especially considering you weren't the only neurodivergent person they're aware of, as of you and Donnie. Now, you had escaped the terrible torture-chamber they call school, and were walking towards the manhole that covers your place of peace; your second home. You dropped down the ladder, and was met with three of your turtle-mutant friends. You blurted out, not having the proper mindset to think about each word. "Where's Don-"

"He's in his room, like usual." Raph keenly stated, aware of what you were asking before you even finished. With a hasty hum of appreciation, you rushed towards the familiar entrance of your boyfriend's room. You knocked in a frantic pattern, being recognized by Donnie as he swung open the heavy door. At this point, it was hard to contain your tears.

You felt like shit.

Everything needed to stop and shut up, you felt like your epidermis was burning, your ribs were tight and your breathing was accelerated yet shallow. Sweat built up on your hands as they fumbled over each other. Donnie knew what was happening, and he let you into his room. "Y/n, c'mere, let's get you comfy." He quipped, tone uncharacteristically light and understanding. As you hurled yourself to his bed, Donnie dimmed the lights of his LED's, keeping the room at a more suitable temperature to your warm-blooded self. A sob was let out into the air as tears started to form down your face, despite there not being an apparent reason to cry now. Donnie's brows turned towards the floor as he approached you with a frown.

"Do you want to be touched?" He inquired, though you both knew you weren't in the state to respond. So you just hugged his plastron tightly, sobbing into it. This broke his heart to see. He slowly reached out to the back of your head, massaging it with his fingernails.

"Hold on," he spoke as he unexpectedly left your embrace to grab some headphones he had for the both of you, along with your phone. "There." He finished as he looked down at you with a hardly visible smile on his face. You sniffled as you adjust the perfectly-fitting headset on whilst turning on music to combat the noises of everyday that you hated so much. He got back on his bed and sat down, leaning comfortably back against the end of the incubator. He let you climb on top of him, letting your arms wrap around him. And now, you let out your pent-up frustration and discomfort into his cooling chartreuse-tinged scales. He didn't like the sight, of course, but he knew it's what you needed. Sometimes, that's what he needs. That was probably the best thing, the fact you were able to find comfort in each other when no one else knew what to do. While this happened, no one said anything. No one needed to.

After a while, the sobs ran out. You were now at peace, sighing against his sensitive skin, feeling Donnie shudder. You looked back up at your beloved partner with upturned lips. This was all you needed.

~。⁠*゚⁠+

whoa, i poured my soul into that lol. also, I've decided to switch into second person for these cuz it's just what i feel most comfortable with. also, did this in one sitting! very proud of myself lmao