💜// 100 day date.

genre: fluff, semi-angst(?), lime

donnie x standoffish!reader

apologies for all the leo and donnie content! i promise there will be other characters featured soon. in fact, i have some raph stuff in the works as i write this. so stay tuned (;

~。⁠*゚⁠+

DONNIE HAD ALWAYS LIKED A CHALLENGE.

Ever since the day Donatello Von Ryan Hamato had met you, he was smitten. And you? Not so much. You had simply scoffed, rolled your eyes, and continued greeting the others.

God, you were so hard to get and he loved it!

Not like you had hated him of course. In fact, it was quite the contrary. You actually had taken quite a liking to him. But you weren't exactly used to such a intimate and healthy friendship before, hence the retaliation.

But one day, the two of you made a deal. In the next 100 days, Donnie would try to win you over. If you confess your feelings by the end, then he'd have won your heart and you were each other's. But if you didn't? Well, then he'd lose and the two of you would stay friends.

The next morning, it started.

The beginning days were simple date nights and hangouts. On day 1, Donnie cooked dinner and had a movie night.

On day 2, he had made a care package, included with your favorite snacks, scents, a purple fluffy blanket, and some books that you had been wanting.

On day 3, the two of you went out in an abandoned parking lot near the suburbs and skateboarded.

On days 4 and 5, you had a sleepover together.

These simple gestures of affection had stayed consistent until one specific date had occurred; the 50th day. To mark the halfway point, he had taken you to the Mystic City, and made sure you experienced all the joys of it. His demeanor had changed, however. The sarcastic, bad boy nature of his had softened. He let his devotion to you shine in a way you hadn't seen before. But it was only for that day. That small glimpse you were blessed to witness had gotten you wanting more.

Your standoffish facade had faded abnormally quickly after that day. You weren't bothered enough to care about playing hard to get. You just wanted to see more of that side of him. It wasn't fully hidden, sure, but it was certainly overpowered.

But the day after? He was back to the way he was. It was ironic, really. He had bared your somewhat cold exterior for all this time, but when you saw his true self for that day and that day only, you were the soft one.

The anticipated days had flown past after the 50th. They were all the same, really. Sure, the passion had grown once the end was near, but they were similar in plan.

Day 99. It was currently late at night; and at such ungodly hours you were still awake. You couldn't stop thinking about him. Donatello Hamato. The one who stuck out. He fascinates you. Yeah, he's like Leo in many, many ways, but he also some how differs from him when it comes to the exact same traits. He's like them all yet is unique in a way you've never known.

You've fallen for Donatello.

Hard.

And then, a knock on your window. With the amount of only so many people that it could be in your mind, you opened it to find the very same turtle that haunted the depths of your brain.

Although your mind was screaming not to do so, you rushed towards the sound to open the window, letting him step out into your room.

You let in a shaky breath, still recovering with the secret embarrassment. "Wh-why are you here?"

"It's day 99, if you'll remember so kindly. We have to do something for this occasion, don't we?" The both of you were whispering now, despite there not being a need to. You were now starting to come to your senses, but felt this was the chance to soften your manner. To show him what you were like. "Why right now, D'?"

His eyes flickered up at you. D'. You never called him that. Why now?

"I..well...alright." He sighed as if in defeat. "I'm a liar, officer." His comment made you huff out a laugh.

"What, you want me to lock you up? No, seriously, what do you mean you lied?" Your words strung together in an unplanned order.

"Celebrating the date wasn't my reason for arriving here. I..we need to talk." That simple sentence struck a thousand volts into your heart. "About w-what?" Hoarseness enveloped your voice, and water boiled on the surface of your eyes.

"I'll take the risk and assuming that we are both aware of my feelings for you. But, I have to know..how you feel about all this. How you feel about me. In a romantic way." His blunt words grounded you. However, you were only able to get three words out.

"I love you."

Donnie's head whipped up to face you. Eyes now wide, your whole body felt unbearably warm. Before you could sputter out apologies, Donnie slammed his lips against you, feeling you melt into him in seconds.

Your sighs were raspy, tense movements filling the time. Any feelings you had that you whelved deep into the bottom of your mind and heart were now spilling out of your lips: your love, your fantasies, your dreams that used to be the night and the night's only. A low sigh flowed out of Donnie as he grabbed your hips and forced himself against you, gently, yet with the primal urges now horribly disguised. Time melded into only an extinct concept as the same process repeated over and over again, somehow never feeling grueling. At some point, you both sunk into your bed, unsure who's on top of the other. Your lips were sewn together. Only the hypnotic caressing and kissing of the two of you were your focus. And then, it ended. Abruptly, really, although it may have lasted for hours on end before.

As he pulled away from you, your body began to tremble, as if you couldn't function without him and his warmth. "You're...leaving?" Your voice was only that of a shaky, lame whisper. The tears. They started to resurface again. As he turned back to you, the glimmer of your eyes in the dark caught his attention immediately. "What? No, no, of 'course not!" Those words were quiet. Powerful. Sincere. Everything you wanted to hear.

"I'm only grabbing my things." His cool tone and lidded eyes had you swooning. Until you processed what he actually said. "What things?" You blurted, louder than any word that had been said since Donnie entered this very room. "My..my bag. I had whilst I climbed through the window. Showed you through the glass. Set it down?"

"Oh. I uh, I, I wasn't necessarily..focusing. I'm just. Ugh. I'm..sorry. Sorry that I'm such a bitch to you. Sorry that ever since the moment I saw you, all those feelings I hid made me think that if I even looked happy to see you, it'd give it all away. I truly wasn't used to this. What we have. But that god-damned day in the Mystic City. I-" Your ramblings would've continued on for ages if not for Donnie's words.

"I know, Y/n. I'm an expert in body language, after all. Well, an expert in reading textbooks and visual guides. And for thy record, you have always been so my type." He drew out a hand towards you.

"Now, let's go celebrate this victory o' mine."

"Aaand now I remember what a fucking dork you are."