💙// i found out.

leo x selfharming!reader imagine

genre: angst

cw/tw: depiction of self harm

my imagines are intended to be written in lowercase, have a little more depth and length than headcannons, but loosely feature a series of events. enjoy, lovelies!

and bring your tissues [:

~。⁠*゚⁠+

HE FOUND OUT WHEN YOU WERE TAKING A SHOWER AND DECIDED TO JOIN.

Leo was horrified at first; seeing your skin covered in careless, messy, clustered together cuts on your forearms and cold, calculated, straight cuts on your thighs.

he muttered out a simple "...why?"

"because I'm so close to snapping," you bellowed out in a blurt, your voice being louder than you wanted or expected it to be. "i just want help. but I haven't gotten it."

"you never said anything." Leo spat out. "I didn't know how. i was screaming for help, but no one noticed. wanting to say something and being able to are two different things, Leo." you interjected, both of your voices getting louder.

"but you could've just showed me, we all could've helped–"

"I PHYSICALLY WASN'T ABLE TO!" you snapped, water now running down your flushed face from your tear ducts along with the now cold shower water. "i didn't want to bare your reaction. i didn't want to end up in a psych ward, away from everyone." you voiced, now near a whisper. you didn't want to lash out at him, but it was the only way you thought he listened, and also because your frustration took the reins. Leo was now crying.

"...right. sorry." Leo mumbled in a matching hushed volume, walking closer to you. although he typically would be starting at your bare body at the moment, he was focused on the sliced portions of skin. they weren't deep, about the same as a light cat scratch. but they were red enough to where he knew they were fresh. his hands had a mind of their own as his hands brushed over them, eliciting a gasp out of your throat.

"Leo? what are you–" he shushed you as he leaned against you, rubbing your forearms and thighs as he placed kisses on your jaw. "I'm sorry i got angry with you. i know you feel helpless. I'll get you the treatment you need." he uncharacteristically apologized.

"thank you." you sobbed out.

that night ended up being different that what you expected. but personally? it was for the better.

~。⁠*゚⁠+

not gonna lie, this hit me in the feels-

and I'm greatly sorry for anyone who feels like that. i get it. i really hope everyone can get the help they need. stay safe, lovelies.

- alias <3