seven

I only snapped back to the present when there was a sharp creaking and groaning of wood.

My eyes opened, finding that Eve had wheeled me to a large building. Craning my neck skywards, I found it went on for miles. I have never seen a building so large, so tall, and wide. Its exposed brickwork was magnificent and the two front doors were huge; wide and just as tall as a beast would be.

The soft wooden walls and smooth transparent glass allowed me a glimpse of the vast hallway inside. A porch was under what appeared to be a stone roof, with two pillars closest to me holding the roof above the entrance. The floor was simple concrete, nothing else to feast my eyes upon.

"What is this?" I wondered.

"Just the packhouse," Eve shrugged. "There's no ramp though. Think you can walk the steps?"

I frowned, eyeing the five steps with disdain. I could, but I didn't want to.

Sighing, I nodded, and she grinned, coming around to my front. Thankfully, she had placed me at the edge of the stairs so a pillar would be within my reach once I hit the third step.

Eve took me by the elbows, heaving me from the wheelchair. My skin heated where she touched my cold skin, an embarrassing shame that I was so useless in my skin compared to a werewolf. I was thankful she clad me in one of her dresses before we left, because the gown I wore had no back and I did not want to flash any beasts my naked ass for them to chomp on.

"You got it?" She wondered, waiting before me on the second step.

With a firm nod, I lifted my foot and climbed the first three steps, Eve in time with my movements. Her motions were swift as she concentrated on my footwork. If I so much as staggered, she was already ahead of me and caught my slip up.

Once at the top step, she left me to lean on the pillar to retrieve the chair. My knees shook with effort, but I held my ground, happy to be upright. I gazed around the porch, spotting some bare benches and not a flower in sight. It was a rather disastrous décor for such a beautiful and old porch.

"Don't go falling on me," Eve laughed, carrying the chair up the stairs.

How was someone so normal looking, so strong?

"Here we go," She smiled, placing the chair before me.

I sank back into it with gratefulness whilst Eve moved to open one of the front doors. She wheeled me inside and I held my breath in fear of dirtying the place. Everything was pristine. The pretty white and gold marbled floors were clean and waxed. The walls in here were at least twenty feet high, plain white and clean. At the very top of the foyer, I saw four golden wolf heads in the corners of the ceiling.

"What do you think?" Eve asked, noticing my astonishment.

Closing my gaping mouth, I swallowed. "It's so..."

"Big? Huge? I get that all the time."

The unknown voice startled me and I jolted in the chair, coming face to face with a male. He walked over to us with an enormous grin on his face. His hair was dark blonde, neatly kept on top of his head. He only wore a pair of shorts and I couldn't help but wander my eyes along his body in appreciation. His abs were tight, tensing under my gaze. He was... well, like he said, he was huge.

He had to be near seven-foot tall, and five feet wide. Perhaps it was the disadvantage angle I was at, being in a wheelchair, but he was large. If this is what just one werewolf looked like, I can only imagine the entire pack together.

Eve scoffed at his approach, rolling her eye. "Puh-lease Rio, put a shirt on before you scare her."

His grey eyes snapped down to me, his grin faltering slightly. I watched his nose twitch, his eyes flashing to a darker colour as he sniffed me. I shrunk into my chair, feeling rather intimidated by the guy as he stared down at me. It felt oddly reminiscent of something, but I couldn't think what.