forty six

** pls read 45 before this **

Despite Asra's unwelcome invasion into my bedroom, I felt my shoulders relax, knowing that it was only him.

How strange, I thought. The man who claims to not want me here is the one to soothe my mind.

"Are you okay?" He wondered, coming closer to me.

I swallowed, nodding but taking a step back. "Yes."

He frowned, his nostrils flaring as he studied me. I shook my head, walking away from him to go into my bathroom and take the bathrobe from the back of the door. Sliding it on, I avoided direct eye contact as I tied the belt around my waist. Entering my room again, I sat on the bed, sighing as I faced him.

"What do you want now?" I mumbled.

Asra's eyebrows furrowed before he cleared his throat. "I..."

I levelled my gaze with his, my face passive despite the war going on inside my mind. He was frowning, his eyes darting all over my face as his Adam's apple bobbed in his throat. Nostrils flaring again, he walked a few steps closer.

"Why does it smell like vomit in here?" He asked.

"I vomited." I shrugged.

"Why? Are you un-well?" He scowled, standing before me.

In the head, I mused.

"No, I just... Didn't feel very well."

He shifted, nodding against the tension in the air. I swallowed, staring down at my feet as the silence dragged on. Eventually he sighed, his hand coming to grab at my chin. I jumped at the contact, rearing my head away from where his fingers touched the soreness of Blake's touch.

Asra paused, his fingers brushing against my skin. "Did I hurt you?"

Gritting my teeth, I shook my head and remained silent. His fingers moved, caressing my cheek and jaw softly. I felt my shoulders relax under the gentle buzzing of his energy. But when his fingers firmly pressed into my lower jaw, a small gasp of surprise escaped me. Asra's grip moved away from the obviously sore area, tightening elsewhere on my chin so I couldn't pull away.

I narrowed my eyes up at him, finding his eyes dark and ablaze with anger.

"You are bruising." He stated.

I said nothing.

"Who did this to you?" He growled.

Dropping my gaze, the silence endured. It seemed to irritate him more because he let go of me with a low growl.

"Damn it, Ailia, who hurt you?"

Who didn't? I mentally snarled.

"Nobody."

"So, you just fall and bruise your jaw?" He scoffed.

I stiffened; the tone of his voice was giving me memories of Darius. The disappointed tone and belittling snap of words signified he knew I was lying. That usually meant something else was coming after. I wrapped my arms around myself, habitually protecting my vital organs.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

It was quiet for six seconds before he let out a long sigh. I felt the bed dip beside me and my breath hitched with the proximity of his body. He leaned over his knees, hands clasped in the middle, as he glared at the floor.

"No, no, you don't have to be sorry." He murmured. "I'm sorry."

I blinked, taken aback. This time, I was speechless for an entirely different reason. Not stubbornness, but shock.