thirty three

AN i have double updated, pls read 32 first! 

***

I woke the next day, disgruntled.

Completing my morning routine, I found dark splotches running along the length of my jaw and a few along my cheekbone. I was lucky I didn't have a black eye, my jaw taking most of the impact. There were other bruises that littered my skin, but most of them didn't hurt. Being so underweight as Maya called me meant I bruised easier, anyway.

My brain itched to cover the sight, but I didn't have makeup here. I was so used to hiding them. I was afraid of the reaction it would get in a place where the people healed in a matter of hours. I already got sniffed and stared at when on my monthly, so imagine the rare sight of a black bruise.

Do wolves even bruise?

Instead, I sighed and styled my hair so that a large part of it cascaded down my face. Having no other choice, I dressed in a simple t-shirt and shorts again, deciding inconspicuous was my best option of hiding my injuries. My legs had a few scuffs, but I didn't care too much about them. Everyone had minor flaws, but the bruise on my jaw was an eyesore. Literally.

Waiting for the elevator, I once again came face to face with Piper. She grinned at me, her bright brown eyes wide as she pulled me inside the death box.

"Ailia! I have been meaning to talk to you about the other day!" She beamed.

"Hey..." I smiled softly.

"You going down for breakfast?" She wondered.

"Yeah, I was going to do a grab and go." I admitted.

She giggled, hitting the ground floor button. "Don't be silly. We will have lunch together on the porch!"

"Oh, okay..." I muttered.

She wrapped her hand around my elbow and pulled me tightly against her side. Her perfume tickled my nose, as I turned to scan her attire to see what kind of day she had planned. Besides the flawless skin, her hair was in a high ponytail and she wore a pink, short summer dress. It barely scraped her thighs, so I can only imagine how short it was in the back.

Piper was well built. I suppose being an Alpha blood gave her the blood boost over other wolves to be stronger. She had slight assets, toned and firm, that had me envious of her confidence. She raised an eyebrow when she caught me staring at the thin heels on her feet, and I cleared my throat in response.

"You're dressed nicely... What are you doing today?" I wondered.

The elevator pinged, and Piper led me through the double doors, greeting a wolf who stood there.

"I have a meeting later, but other than that, I just like to dress cute."

"So wearing four-inch heels is for comfort?" I hummed.

She laughed at me; her spare hand coming to tap my shoulder. "Oh, I would love to give you a makeover."

Raising an eyebrow, I pursed my lips. "Are you trying to say something there?"

She shook her head. "I don't mean it like that. I would just love to see you in heels and a tight dress."

"You would?" I teased.

Her hand tightened on my arm, her eyelashes fluttering. "Of course."

It was my turn to laugh at her attempt at whatever that was, and her face brightened at the sound.

"Goddess, I love your laugh."

"What?" I snorted.

"I laugh like a dying cow."