1: NINETY-NINE PERCENT

RAIN

His hands clutched on the gray striped sheets as he moaned in pleasure. He looked handsome as ever as he bit his lip while beads of sweat glistened his tan skin and built body.

He flashed as smile as he thrusted deeper and harder. Another moan escaped his lips, truly ecstatic and breathtaking. However, the name he's moaning in pleasure, the lips on his skin, the waist in his hands, and the hole he is in, aren't mine.

..

It's been days since I caught my two-year boyfriend red-handed. He was fucking my schoolmate whom I introduced at the school reunion last year. I'm not really sure how long they've been playing behind my back but I don't give an ounce of care to find out. One thing is for sure, I gave him a good ol' kick in the nuts that night I caught them.

I just can't believe they actually sued me and I ended up paying his hospital bills. Those jerks. If I had known they would act up, I would've cut his dick instead.

"Ugh... fuck. Shit, ugh!" Curses kept running through my mouth as I drank another glass of beer.

"Hey, take it easy. You've been cursing since we got here." Sky, my best friend, commented as I glanced at him from the other side of the table.

"I knew I should've cut off his--"

"Okay, okay, that's enough." Sky suddenly covered my mouth, stopping me from talking which made me glare at him.

"People will think you'll kill someone if you talk like that, Rain." Sky whispered while looking around as if to check if people were listening in.

The bar wasn't that full since it's the weekdays and only a few tables were occupied. I looked back at Sky before licking his palm that hushed my mouth.

"Ew--you are nasty!" Sky half laughed as he complained and wiped his palm on my shirt, I can't stop but laugh at his reaction.

"Ugh, if only I'd known they'd sue me, I should've hit him harder." I mumbled as I remembered once again.

"You're scaring me hahaha." Sky laughed as he drank.

"Why the hell does this always happen to me? Everytime... just everytime..." I couldn't continue as I remembered how many times I tried to keep my past relationships.

"Everytime you lower your standards, you always fuck up?" Sky uttered as if knowing the words I was supposed to say.

Of course he'd know this since he is my best friend and he knows everything about me. It's a given that he knows how all of my relationships went straight to the drain every single time.

I met my first boyfriend at the university, he was a transfer engineering student while I was a business major. He had the looks and personality but he had the same height as me. My ideal type back then was someone who was taller than me but eventually, he had almost everything I wanted. He was a total 99% but I still tried it out. However, on our sixth month together, he left the university and it wasn't long when I found out that he went abroad with his long-time girlfriend.

That break-up made me change my standards and it wasn't long when I met my second partner. He totally filled up the list but, just like before, he was three years younger than me. I never actually thought of about age when dating but I really wanted to date someone close to my age. Then again, he was the sweetest and I liked that about him so I decided to date him. But like a curse, we broke up after his parents found out he was dating a guy. What's worse is that they were Christians and they weren't just the religious ones. They're the type to outcast a relative if they found out they weren't straight, treating one's sexuality as sin. Obviously, this was more than enough for me to end it.

The third and fourth relationships ended pretty soon as well. The third cheated on me with his boy best friend when they finally confessed their feelings for each other, making me the villain in their love story. Then, the fourth one chose his dream job instead of me. Both of them also met 99% of my current standard.

On top of those heartbreaks, I really thought my fifth one would be different. The day we met was the most magical day for me and it made me feel it might work out. I just got off of work that time when it began raining so I ran to the nearest waiting shed. Just like in the movies, he also came to hide from the rain and as soon as our eyes met, the rain suddenly stopped. We both found it amusing and ended up having coffee together. We began talking and eventually exchanged numbers.

It wasn't long when we started dating and he totally had everything I wanted. From the looks to the personality, he was perfect. However, just like before, he lacked another 1%. On our first night together, I realized that it was too good to be true.

'Ugh, fuck, it's in. You're so tight.'

I could still remember how flustered I was when he said those words because I didn't feel him that much. I ended up fake-moaning and had to stroke myself for relief. Still, I never minded the size of his dick. I even thought maybe I was the problem to expect that everyone with a face like that would be huge.

Disregarding his size, he's almost perfect for me. Yet again, he is indeed just another almost perfect. He still had the guts to fuck someone I knew and the worst part is I literally hated the person he slept with. Two years of my life was thrown away just like that, it sucks.

"Hey, that's enough. You need to unpack your things before your vacation leave ends." Sky reminded me but I can only care less and drank another glassful.

"I... swear... I will never... date anyone... ever... again..." I mumbled as I began seeing two Skies.

"Sky, you can do magic hahaha." I laughed as the images rolled their eyes.

"Okay, that's enough. Time to go home."

..

Two more days before my vacation leave ends and the boxes still remained untouched in my new apartment. After the break-up, I decided to move back to the apartment building I lived when I was in college. It's only ten minutes away from the office via cab and for some reason, I really wanted to come back to this place. Though my old apartment number was already occupied, I managed to get the room just next to it. Come to think of it, it's like another almost perfect event for me. I should really stop thinking about it now.

"To fix or not to fix, that's the question." I mumbled as my eyes roamed the dull room filled with unopened boxes and containers.

I still can't find the strength to arrange my things, probably because I've only been drinking on my leave. I had a few utensils and some clothes out, that'll be enough for now. What I really need is rest before I go back to the office. Rest, wine, and healing, that's right.

..

"Mr. Gram? Mr. Gram?" I called out as the man stood and walked to my window.

"All done?" The man in his sixties asked as I smiled and nodded.

"Five thousand in your savings account and three hundred insurance. Here are your deposit slips, receipt, and passbook Mr. Gram." I said with a smile as he reached out the small hole on the tab.

"Thank you Rain. It's nice to know someone in the bank. I get to cut in line." He chuckled and he placed his papers in his usual maroon handbag.

"You're always our priority Mr. Gram. Make sure to drop by the clinic for your Monday check-up." I reminded him as he nodded back before leaving.